Chapter 1

"From the very first time I saw you, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother Lily's." -Remus Lupin

-------------------------------------------------------

The familiar bangs on the door of the cupboard under the stairs woke us up. "Get up! Get up! Now!" I sat up bumped heads with Harry. Three years had passed since were left on the doorstep of Number Four, Privet Drive. Our aunt and uncle constantly reminded us about how we were left on their doorstep when our parents died in a car crash. They had always hated us, for some unknown reason.

Our fourth birthday would be tomorrow, yet we hadn't changed much. Harry had messy, dark hair, almond shaped green eyes and was very skinny. I had long, fiery red hair with almond shaped green eyes with hints of brown specks. We both had strange scars on our foreheads which, Aunt Petunia said, made us look even more like freaks. But secretly, I liked it, because they were shaped like lightning bolts and made us look like superheroes. What I didn't like were the stares we received whenever we were out in public. Another bang sounded. "Are you up yet?!"

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry answered. We slept together in the cupboard under the stairs which Aunt Petunia locked every night and unlocked when she woke us up the morning after. I haven't a clue why. It's like she thinks we'll destroy everything if she didn't.

Harry grabbed my arm. "C'mon, let's get dressed, Cin-Cin." I nodded and got up. Most of Harry's clothes were hand-me-downs from our cousin Dudley who was like a miniature whale, so they all looked big on him. I also wore Dudley's old clothes. Since I was only four, Aunt Petunia figured it didn't mattered how I dressed.

We quickly got dressed and headed to the kitchen. We sat down for breakfast, which was toast for us, and toast with eggs, bacon, and orange juice for everyone else. I watched as Dudley finished his seconds, and thirds. He then began eying my toast and Harry nudged me. Aunt Petunia had got up to do the dishes and Uncle Vernon left for work. So I just picked up one of the two pieces of toast and handed it to him. Dudley snatched it from me greedily and shoved it in his mouth. Harry stared at me with an disbelieving look. I just picked up the other piece and started nibbling on it.

After breakfast I climbed on the stool and did the remainder of the dishes, taking care not to break anything. Then Harry and I returned to our cupboard under the stairs. We managed to entertain ourselves with a few of the hand-me-down toys and after a while, Harry thought it would be funny to start tickling me.

"Haha, stop..." I begged between fits of laughter.

"Ow! Why'd you kick me?"

I smirked at him. "I am not responsible for what happens to your face if you tickle me." The time passed pretty quickly after that. We were careful not to make too much noise or face Aunt Petunia's wrath. Soon, Uncle Vernon was home from work.

"Dinner!" Aunt Petunia screamed. Harry and I made our way to the kitchen. I climbed into the chair and sat down. As we began eating Uncle Vernon started complaining about work, and us. I tried to drone him out, only hearing bits and pieces of what he was saying.

"...and the prat thought he could get away with...can't the boy comb his hair.......the girl sits all day like a statue........"

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Now who could that be at this time?" Uncle Vernon muttered as he got up to answer the door. A few minutes later, we heard Uncle Vernon's terrified voice call from the front: "Petunia!" Aunt Petunia immediately stood up and ran to the door. I also ran to the door to try to eavesdrop.

"The girl....guardian...." that was all I heard before I was knocked over by Dudley. Harry ran over to help me up. I shoved Dudley aside and peered out the crack. I managed to catch a glimpse of the visitor, who was dressed in all black, with pale skin, and black hair, that reached his chin. Before I could react, Dudley knocked me over again. I glared at him. As soon I got to my feet I heard Uncle Vernon yell.

"Girl, get out here!" I ran out, tripping over my own feet as I reached the front door. Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia looked down at me in disgust. Them as I looked up, from where I was sprawled on the floor, at the man standing there.

From here, I could see more clearly. He was tall and slender, and entirely dressed in black. He had black, greasy hair, a hooked nose, and black eyes full of hate which I think was directed at me. He was also sneering in distaste. "Are you a vampire?" His eyes widened. I turned to Aunt Petunia. "Do vampires exist?"

"Don't ask questions!" Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon both shouted at me in habit.

I quickly got up and brushed off my clothes. The man stared down at me and pinched his nose. "I am your godfather, girl. You will be living with me from now on."

Tears spilled out of my eyes as I protested. "No, please! I can't leave Harry!"

Aunt Petunia spoke. "How do I know that you are telling the truth, Snape?" She gave him a distrustful look.

Uncle Vernon stared at his wife in disbelief. "You know this-this man, Petunia?"

Aunt Petunia quickly explains. "He knew her." She emphasized the word "her". I looked at them curious as to who this "her" was. Could it be my mum? After all, they never said their names, always "him" or "her".

The man, or "Snape" handed them a letter. The front said: Professor A. Dumbledore. As Aunt Petunia scanned through the letter, her eyes grew bigger. When she finished she said, "Well, in that case, do whatever you want with her."

The man nodded and grabbed ahold of my arm. I looked at him with pleading eyes. His eyes softened. "I am your godfather. I couldn't take care of you back then, but now I'm taking you with me."

I shook my head frantically. I couldn't leave my twin, or the rest of the people that were my only family. "Harry!" I cried. Harry ran out of the kitchen as I pulled free if the man's grip and embraced him.

"What's happening?" He demanded.

"Your sister is going to live with this man." Aunt Petunia glared at Harry.

"NO! She's all I have!" Harry yelled.

"Maybe you can take the boy too?" Uncle Vernon said hopefully. I've never seen him so excited.

"I am only taking the girl." The man said smoothly. With that he pried us apart and picked me up in his arms. Ignoring my shrieks and pounding on his back he carried me off.

I could hear yelling in the Dursley's house as I wept on the stranger's back. He whacked me once across my backside firmly to silence me. Then as an afterthought he muttered: "Don't worry, you can come back and visit." I sniffled and hiccuped as he kept walking. Then he stopped at the end of the block and looked around to see whether anyone was watching. Then he turned and it felt like I was being sucked in a tube and all I could see was dark.

----------------------------------------------

Hey:)

If ur a HP fan I guess u can tell he apparated, but poor Cindy didn't know that. You know what they say-First time's the worst. She's only four in this chapter btw.

Vote

Comment

Lots of love

- lily;)