Chapter 2

"Curiosity is not a sin...but we should exercise caution with our curiosity." - Albus Dumbledore

-------------------------------------------------------

Seconds later we reappeared in an alleyway of a dark street. The nausea in my stomach was building and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I threw up on the ground and he groaned in disgust.

I took a good look at my surroundings and realized that this was practically a setting for a horror story. At this realization I began whimpering pathetically. He glanced at me in distaste as I stuttered. "Are you going to kill me?"

He looked at me impatiently. "Girl, how many times do I have to say I'm not a vampire or murderer?"

"You only said it once." I pointed out. "And you could be lying." I added as an afterthought.

He looked at me with a killer glare in his eye. "If I wanted to kill you I would've done it already. Now stop wasting my time." He slung me over his shoulder once again and strolled out of the alleyway onto a street illuminated by streetlights. He walked down the road and eventually stopped in front of a house. This house appeared to be rather old, unlike the Dursley's house. I turned my head and saw a sign hanging on a lamppost.

Spinner's End. That's what it said. This was the part of town my Aunt and Uncle avoided. I shivered involuntarily. He walked to the doorway and set me down. He opened the down and said, "Get in." When I made no movement, he gave me push that had me stumbling in. He walked in and closed the door after himself. He grabbed ahold of my arm and dragged me to what appeared to be the living room.

"You can sleep here for tonight. We can get your room together tomorrow." He lifted me and set me down in an armchair before turning his back and walking out. I hugged my knees, waiting for his return. He came back in the room only to realize I had curled myself into a tight ball. With a exasperated sigh, he left the room once again.

He reappeared a few minutes later carrying a cup. There was a brownish-gold steaming liquid inside it. "Drink."

He commanded. I shook my head frantically. He took in a deep breath. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." His tone posed a threat. I continued shaking my head as he tried to force the liquid down my throat. My arms started flailing around. I accidentally hit the mug and it fell to the ground, smashing into pieces. I stared with wide eyes, afraid of his reaction.

"I'm s-s-so sorry." I stammered.

He shoved me away and got up, storming out of the room. I trembled involuntarily. Moments later he appeared holding a syringe with the same brownish-gold liquid inside. My eyes widened. I leapt off the couch cowering into the corner. "P-p-please, no."

He ignored my protests and advanced on me. I started crawling away, but he caught me and restrained me, plunging the needle into my shoulder. I could feel it entering my bloodstream as waves of drowsiness washed over me. He relaxed his hold on me as I fell limp in his arms. Before passing out, I could make out a few words. "It's for your own good, I'm sorry." Then everything went black.

~~~~~

I slowly came back to consciousness, blinking at the ridiculously bright light. I was laid on the couch with a blue blanket over me. I slowly lifted the blanket to realize I was wearing penguin pajamas. I had never had clothes that looked girly, new, or fit me. Then all the events came back to me.

The man....taken....needle.....he must've changed me. I peered at my surroundings. I was in a living room with a blue couch, a plaid armchair, and a battered looking television. The floor was covered in carpet that had intricate patterns.