Chapter 6

"He called it my 'furry little problem' in company." - Remus Lupin

-------------------------------------------------------

It was Friday afternoon. He would be here to pick me up soon. As soon as his classes were over. I had had so much fun this week. Yesterday, we were de-gnoming the garden. It was hilarious watching Uncle Remus try to swing them around while they attacked him. I tried to help, but one bit my finger. So he just gave me a Popsicle and told me to stay put.

Today he was showing me magic tricks. He made something float, and changed the color of my hair. Now it had purple streaks in it. I clapped and giggled at this. Then, there was a knock on the door.

I continued giggling in amusement and Uncle Remus went to open the door. He had enchanted the television so the man kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. Minutes later, Uncle Remus stepped back in the room with my godfather. He took one look at me exploded at Uncle Remus. "What is the meaning of this, Lupin!"

"Calm down, Severus. It's just a color-changing charm. He pointed his wand at me and muttered something. The purple streaks disappeared. I pouted visibly.

"You! I'll deal with you later, girl."

"You'll do no such thing! It's not like she went and got a tattoo! What are you going to punish her for? Having fun? Laughing?"

They had a glaring contest until he turned to me. "Go get your stuff."

"She can leave it here. She has clothing at your house, I presume?"

"She will not be returning." He replied in a menacing tone.

"No! That isn't fair!" I screamed. They both looked at me and I shrunk back.

"You see how she's afraid of you, Severus? Dumbledore agreed she would be staying with me from Monday to Friday and you cannot change that!"

I grinned secretively. Giving Uncle Remus one last glare, he turned to me. "We're going!" I scrambled to follow him as he headed out the door.

Uncle Remus gave me a hug. "Bye, sweetheart. I'll see you soon."

I made sure my godfather couldn't hear and whispered. "I can't wait to see you again." He gave me a smile and I walked out the door. We walked to the end of the block.

He turned to me. "We are going to pay your brother a visit."

My eyes lit up. "Really?" He ignored me and grabbed my arm. He spun around and once again I endured the sensation of being sucked in a tube. Luckily, I didn't throw up this time.

We landed firmly on the end of Privet Drive. I ran to number four and rang the bell. The door opened. Uncle Vernon opened the door. "Yes?" He answered distractedly at the sky. I tugged on his shirt. He looked down at me. His expression contorted itself in one of distaste. "What are you doing here, girl?"

My godfather appeared from behind me. "She's visiting her brother."

Uncle Vernon opened his mouth to protest when Harry ran out. "Cin-Cin!"

I giggled. He always called me that as a child before he could pronounce my name. Then it just caught on.

"Harry!" I gave him a hug. He led me inside only to receive a harsh glare from Uncle Vernon. We ran to the little cupboard under the stairs and I was not surprised to see that there was only one bed there now. We plopped down on the bed and relaxed.

"So how have things been?"

"Ok, he's nicer than Uncle Vernon."

"Good." Though only seconds older, Harry frequently felt the need to protect me. I suddenly had a thought. Did Harry know about magic? Probably not. Before we had left, Uncle Remus had told me not to say anything to Harry yet.

I decided to tell Harry about Remus. "He teaches at a school y'know. He's only home on weekends."

"He leaves you home alone?!"

"No. He leaves me with a friend. He's really nice. He knew our parents and told me loads of stories."

"That's good." Harry hesitated. "I've really missed you."

"Me too. But I'll visit often. I promise." I reached in my pocket. I pulled out pair of mittens. Then I reached into the bag Remus had secretively given me and took out the piece of cake. "Happy birthday, Harry."

Harry's eyes lit up. "Where did you get it?"

"You remember I said I was staying with a friend? Well he taught me to knit and gave me the cake to take to you."

"Oh, can you thank him for me?"

"Sure thing." I grinned.

We talked for a while and then I went outside.

Aunt Petunia was standing next to Uncle Vernon and whispering rapidly to him while eyeing my godfather like a poisonous snake. I heard the word "freak" a couple of times in their conversation. I looked at my godfather. He appeared to be extremely annoyed at the two. When he noticed my presence, he walked over to me. "We should get going."

Aunt Petunia gave a curt nod while Uncle Vernon continued to glare at him. He then narrowed his eyes and walked out. I gave Harry one last hug and followed him out.

I hope I'll see him again soon. We arrived home seconds later. He made dinner and we ate in silence. Then he spoke up. "What is your full name?" I looked at him in confusion. "I meant if you had a middle name."

"Oh, my name is Cindy Lily Potter."

He didn't look surprised. He just stood up in silence and left the room. I finished eating and went upstairs to my room. I didn't realized how tired I was. I fell asleep without changing into my pajamas.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi:) how r all my readers? I hope u enjoyed this chapter.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Next chapter will b Cindy and Harry's eleventh birthday so skipping 7yrs.

Excited? I am;)

Vote and comment if u like❤️

Lots of love,
-Lily