"I know we don't know each other well, but we probably should get to it, as we're going to be the only people here this year." Landon says.

The witch shakes her head, smiling. "Actually, Josie will be here too. So there will be three of us."

"Four, including Raf."

Iris giggles. "Four." She hums. She looks at Landon trying to decided what to say next. "Landon, after you...killed Malivore, did you ever feel...off?" She asks slowly, her hands in her skirts back pockets.

Landon nods. "Yeah, it felt like someone was missing." He says bluntly. "Do you think...?"

"Maybe," Iris admits, feeling self guilt for not remembering what happened. "Listen, I have to go, but I'll see you soon, okay?"

Landon gives the blond witch a smile. "Yeah, okay."

And the first few weeks of summer went on as so, with Josie Saltzman, Iris McKnight, and Landon Kirby becoming an inseparable trio.

They would spend their days trying to find ways to help Raf, or going on small adventures in Mystic Falls. Iris liked this. She enjoyed being with her friends. She didn't know how to feel about Landon, but she appreciated his warm heart.

But she was a ticking bomb.

The dark magic she had been filled with at such a young age had yet to leave her veins. She needed Dr. Saltzman. Not a distraction.

She opens the door to his new office in Mystic Falls High, seeing the man she's known for a handful of years. He had grown a beard, gained a few pounds, and wasnt as happy as he used to be. He looks up at her, seeing the girl he's helped for the past three years. "Iris, hello."

"Hi, Dr. Saltzman." She says softly. One thing everyone loves about Iris, was her politeness. They aren't sure how she is the way she is, but she is. "I, um, I really need your help." She confesses.

Dr. Saltzman sits up in his chair, "Okay, well sit, and let's talk." He says. Iris nods slowly, sitting across from him. "What is it?"

Iris gives him a nervous look, before closing her eyes softly. Dr. Saltzman looks around the room to see bright colors filling the walls. It felt as if he's walked through a psychedelic portal, colors of the rainbow filling his vision. He turns back to Iris, astonished by this power she has gained. However, he notices black magic tracing her veins, a black magic so dark it can be seen through her body. A tear escapes her eyelids as she curls her hands into fists. Suddenly, she lets out a loud yelp before letting go. The lights and colors now gone, and her blackened veins fading back to normal.

The blond gives Dr. Saltzman a weak look, her energy now drained. "I'm sorry," She whispers.

Dr. Saltzman pulls out his phone. "I, uh, I'm going to call Bonnie, and Caroline. I think, um, they would be really good help."

Iris nods slowly, before nodding off into a deep sleep.

"I've never seen anything so dark." Says Bonnie.

The three sit in Alaric's old history classroom, Bonnie doing a difficult purification spell. Freya Mikaelson had been contacted for help to make it, and she gave the Bennet witch everything she needed.

Or so they thought.

Bonnie pulls away, not happy with the fact that she didn't get all the black magic out of the blond witch that she wanted. "There's still so much." She whispers. "How?" The Bennet witch sits there, flabbergasted. How could a witch so young be creating something so beautiful as real rainbows and pretty lights, yet somehow be using dark magic?

Alaric turns to Iris, whos brown eyes are now glossy. "Iris, I need you to help us, here. What are we missing?"

The blond shrugs sheepishly. "I-I don't know! It, it just started becoming so...so strong," The girl cries as the two adults share a worried look. Iris knew little to nothing about her past, and yet it's coming back to haunt her.

"She's going to need a lot more help." Bonnie explains. "Whatever happened in that coven, it's eating her inside."

Alaric sighs, putting his hands on his hips. "Okay, I'll call Caroline. She has a lot of contacts in Europe that can be very helpful."

Josie frowns at her friend. "And just like that? You're leaving?"

The blond witch nods slowly. "I have to. Or I'm going to do something without wanting to." She explains softly.

"Creating rainbows isn't a bad thing." Josie groans.

"That's not the issue, Jojo." Iris hisses. "The issue is that in order to do magic I have to feed off black magic." Josie crosses her arms over her chest, not really sure what to say. "I have to go so I can come back better, just like Lizzie."

Josie looks up at her friend. "How are you so...you?" She asks.

Iris smiles. "I love you, Jo-Bean." She awes, hugging her friend. "Tell me everything between you and Landon."

"What? There's not anything between us!" The brunette defends.

"Yeah, okay, whatever!" Iris says as she pulls her suitcase along. "Tood-a-Loo!" She chirps, waving her fingers at her friend.

The typical happy go-lucky girl next door hops into a van, excited to see what comes for her in Europe.

She just doesn't know what she's in for.