015: josuke higashikata.

"You can dance with me if you want

"You can dance with me if you want."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Coming to this homecoming dance was perhaps your worst idea yet, you weren't invited by anyone and your mother insisted you go out at least once during your high school experience. So you did. Now, you're filled with regret, and existential crisis watching everyone dancing whilst having fun with their friends of tears. You'd never been quite the social butterfly, you went to school, and went to school, did your work, and went home.

You envied Josuke Higashikata, and Okuyasu. Those two never seemed to shy away from interactions with others, it made you jealous how easily they could befriend anyone — and just how likable they were. With a scowl, you sighed exasperatedly and went to sit in a lonely corner. Your hands wrapped around your torso with obvious disappointment. Much to your luck, a slow song started playing and soon you began to groan with dread.

"What did the song do to you?" A soft voice came in the form of amusement, you looked up and raised an eyebrow at Josuke.

"It drowned me in everlasting loneliness while being surrounded by thousands of horny teenagers who don't leave a space for jesus in between their disgusting bodies" You joked, your facial expression a bit too serious which prominently confused the young man in front of you.

"I'm Josu-".

"Josuke, the girls always talk about you" You said reaching to take his hand, "I'm [Y/N]". Josuke halted for a moment then nodded softly with a small friendly grin.

"So, how about instead of dwelling on your miseries here.. you actually get on the dance floor?" Josuke suggestively said, you gave him a frown and then looked away.

"Oh I would if I had any friends" You whispered sounding too pathetic for your own liking, he sweat dropped at your obliviousness before clearing his throat.

"You could dance with me if you want too" He said much more clearly, you glanced at him slowly and then moved your eyes towards his outstretched hands. Taking it would be being even more socially outcasted by your own kind then dragged into the pits of hell by the fangirls themselves, but taking it would also mean forming a beautiful bond with the most beautiful person.

"O-Okay.." You whispered, taking his hand into yours and standing up to follow him into the crowded dance floor. You wrapped your hands around his neck, and tensed when he wrapped his around your waist.

"Space for jesus so we aren't confused for horny teenagers" He spoke through a rather amused tone, you gave him a soft smile and bit back the need to cry. God, you had been so alone and this would quite literally be the highlight of your entire life. Slowly, you moved closer and laid your head on his shoulder seeking to hold him for a bit longer until the night was gone, and you were back to being the lonely girl.

"I know you've been so alone for the longest, and i'm sorry I never had the courage to speak to you. Despite what you may think, I was insecure and I hope to make things right.. starting now, so would you like to be friends?" Josuke whispered, "I want to be more but I wish to enjoy you for a long time".

"Yes."