014: giorno giovanna.

"You lied to me

"You lied to me.."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

There was something off with the way Giorno Giovanna was acting. In other words, your boyfriend was being suspicious; he never told you where he went, just said he was off to work— never kissed you anymore, or even held your hand. In public, he would treat you like a nuisance. You'd reach for his hand but he'd move it away swiftly. It was such a routine that you had begun daydreaming of scenarios where you broke up with him, but there was something that begged you to stay.

"I'm off." As usual, you didn't even wave or say a single word. You just let him go. However, tonight there was going to be a little pursuing. You dressed in all black attire and slid on a baseball cap. Like a predator of midnight, you walked behind Giorno with utmost secrecy. You didn't want to be to be caught, right? You watched him enter an alley, and curiously you followed. He halted and waited a few minutes before two figures appeared and a struggling man.

"I'm sorry Don Giorno!" The man helplessly cried, immediately your heart, don? Isn't that what mafia men called the boss? No. Not your Giorno, he swore he was just a delivery boy— not a fucking Don. He lied to you. He has risked everything including your life then had the audacity to push you away like you were nothing.

"Business is business" Giorno stated cruelly, he brought his shoe down and stomped on the man's head remorselessly. You gasped quietly, and winced slightly watching blood pour from the man's face.

"P-Please! My wife and newborn need the money! I-I want to better myself— just understand!" He cried in unbearable agony, you knew meddling would just cause problems and maybe even turn a whole mafia against you but this man. He reminded you of your father, and Giorno wasn't this man, you knew it from the bottom of your heart.

"Stop!" You foolishly yelled, running into the scene with desperation glistening in your eyes. You cascaded on top of the man and shielded him with your own body as if both of your lives depended on it— and they did. You summoned red corvette, and felt tears swell up in your eyes because god, you were extremely scared.

"[Y/N]?" You heard Giorno asked dumbfounded by your sudden appearance, you inhaled sharply and stared at the man who prominently showed his gratefulness and sadness.

"I'll pay his debt" You stated breathlessly, "I don't know how this works but what he owes, i-i'll be responsible for it" Giorno looked down at you with a stern face and then slowly jammed his foot into your side.

"This isn't a place for you, you're not a superhero either so stop trying to be one— you and I both know how brittle you are" Giorno firmly said not caring one bit about the fragility of your relationship, you sniffled and then gritted your teeth together.

"You lied to me" You spat venomously then you turned to look at the man before you and slowly you smiled. "How much do you owe?" You whispered. The amount wasn't a lot, but it wasn't a little either. You could do it.

"This man's debt lies in your hands, if you fail to give it to me in one week then you die and so does his family" Giorno said before pulling you up by your arm, you followed like a ragged doll and mouthed to the man 'run'.

"You're an utter fool" Giorno said, "I don't know what's worse your constant need to help others, your clinginess, or your heart of gold" His words surely took you by surprise, his grip lessened and his golden eyes met yours.

"I think I made the right choice" He said, "I knew you'd follow me— I knew you'd help the man but I didn't think you'd actually be that bold." Giorno muttered and then slowly pulled you into his arms slowly.

"So it was all an act?" You breathed out in relief, he nodded and then kissed your lips momentarily.

"I wanted to see who you truly were, and if you were worthy, you proved to be just that. I love you." He said, you smiled and then brought him in for another kiss so happy about the unexpected turn.