006: leone abbacchio.

"I think people hug at this point"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The midnight breeze felt so good against your skin. It wasn't too cold, or too warm. It was just perfect. It had been an exhausting day so being able to relax for just a few minutes was more than enough. Though, there was something that clouded your mind. Well, a certain someone who was currently seated in a chair reading a book with a glass of wine. You met him the night Bruno went to rescue him. Being Bruno's sister, it meant you'd have to follow him to avoid trouble.

When you first saw Abbacchio, your heart clutched at the sight of a broken down man. A man who lived a life full of regrets, thank god Bruno offered him a hand. He was never mean to you, or dismissive. In fact, in many occasion he stated that he felt calm whenever he was with you. That's what troubled you. Unknowingly, you had begun to feel things for the man. One night, you ever cried to Bruno.

"Do you think he can love someone like me?".

"Yes, who wouldn't?" Of course Bruno would say that, he was your brother— he had to say that. It's just basic rules. Nevertheless, you were avoiding Abbacchio for some time now. Sometimes, you moved away and sat next to Giorno. Abbacchio would glance questioningly look at you but you never made eye contact. Deciding the air wasn't comfortable anymore, you walked inside and went inside the living room. Unfortunately, the only seat open was beside Leone. He removed his feet so you could sit, and eyed you with such hope; it made you want to puke.

"Can I sit here?" You asked Mista, he looked at you weirdly and moved his feet so you could sit but before you actually could. A hand gripped your arm and tugged you away towards a door. Immediately, you recognized the black clothing and bit down your lip nervously.

"I think you owe me an explanation as to why you're ignoring me.." He stated, shutting the door to his room. Anxiety built up in your gut like an overwhelming stomach ache.

"I-I don't really want to talk about it" You muttered, fiddling with your fingers nervously.

"I don't like what you're doing, it's a really messed up thing to do, Bucciarati. I just need to know that you— I need to know if you want to cut ties, or if you even— I just need to know why" He sounded absolutely hurt by your impulsive choices, and you couldn't help but feel even more horrible.

"Truth is Abbachio, I was slowly falling in love with you, and I was scared that perhaps you'd notice and distance yourself from me so I did it first" You spoke feeling tears brim in the corner of your oceanic irises. They blurred your eyesight, and collided against the floor beneath your feet.

"Why didn't you say that?" Leone said, "I am the best when you're with me— the only time i'm ever in peace is when i'm with you [Y/N] Bucciarati. Please let me make you happy." You nodded. Then, there was a silent pause.

"I think people hug at this point" You spoke and felt his arms engulf you lovingly, his scent would most definitely stick with your until the end of your days. You pulled away, and pressed your lips against him. Scared that one day you wouldn't be able to do that.

Scared that one day you'd lose him.

And you did.

BONUS [ANGST]:

There was commotion coming from behind the rocks. Unable to see Leone, you raised an eyebrow questioningly and ran down to see what was happening though you truly wished you hadn't. You stumbled backwards with wide eyes, and looked around seemingly out of breath.

"[Y/N].." Bruno whispered, Narancia's eyes were full of tears and his cheeks were tear stained. Even Giorno was saddened, he was beside Abbacchio with his head in his hands.

"NO!" You yelled, running towards him only to have your waist grasped by Mista. "PLEASE!" You added, struggling against the gunslinger. When he released you, you ran towards the love of your life and grasped his face with tears running down your eyes.

"Leone.." You cried, dropping your head as the sun hit the diamond on your ring finger causing it to shine brightly and intensely.

"Rest easy, amore".