Nicholas glanced at my lips for a quick second before looking back at me. He shook his head, laced his hand with mine and pulled me out of the hotel room with my suitcase in his free hand.
     The ride to the airport was hectic. Nicholas wouldn't even glance at me but he brought his free hand to my knee which instantly reminded me of Zayn— but I reminded myself that it was Nicholas instead. I wish I could have my old Nicholas back, the one who joked about everything and hit on me even when he knew I wasn't available. But I understood that it wasn't that easy for him now after he made it not so clear of having feelings for me.
     We arrived at the airport and he parked at a paid packing because I still had a little time before check in and other stuff.
     "I wish you could've stayed with me."
He mumbled and I smiled, sitting Indian style and facing him. I leaned my head against the window and just looked at him. He hasn't asked me what happened between Zayn and I and I haven't disclosed it either.
     I'm glad he isn't pushy or insistent on knowing every single detail. I know it's because he definitely doesn't want to know about my issues with another man and it is sad— really. I wish I could want him but never at the expense of getting over Zayn.
     "Yeah I know. . . um do you want to talk about it?"
He asked awkwardly and I laughed which made him frown but I could see amusement lurking close by.
     "What?" He chuckled— honestly confused. He's a treasure, really.
     "You appear to really not want to talk about it more than me."
I smiled and he rolled his eyes playfully which lightened my mood. I had no idea how much I needed to see this side of him, he's my mood brightener..
     "Well I don't exactly want to hear  the woman I really like talk about how hurt she is by another man."
He shrugged and I audibly groaned.
     "Why couldn't we just fall in love with each other?"
I joked but saw him smile painfully and pouted.
     "—Seems like the problem isn't me," He ran his fingers through his hair and I bit my lip. He makes me nervous sometimes. Until Zayn showed up again, I had a serious attraction towards Nicholas and heck as long as I have good working eyes— I'd always find him extremely hot.
     The problem wouldn't have been me either if Zayn never existed in my world.
     "What happened between Zayn and Kimberly?"
I asked carefully and he groaned, pulling me off my seat so I was now straddling him. It's always soo carefree but intimate with Nicholas. Through a third eye, anyone would think we're together but it's harmless touching with us.

He caressed my hips softly and I buried my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his intoxicating smell.
     "Sadly she had a thing for me but lead Zayn on."
He replied simply but I knew it was much more deeper than that. I chuckled against his neck, knowing he wouldn't tell me exactly what I needed to know.
     We remained silent, just barely touching each other inappropriately but his fingers circled my hips.
     "Check in will close any moment."
He said and I buried my face deeper into his neck. It was going to be a long and hurtful flight with no Nicholas to comfort me.
     "I'd miss you." He whispered and I pulled away to look at him— my forehead against his. I smiled at him but he wasn't smiling.
     "Let me see you when I come back?"
He demanded but asked at the same time and I nodded my head. I gave him a kiss to his cheek and he kissed my forehead before letting me slide into my seat.
     He drove me to the entrance and I said my final goodbye before slipping out and dashing for the door.
     As I predicted— it was a long and boring flight. All I could see was Zayn's face haunting me. I couldn't get the picture of him in bed next to her out of my head. I couldn't bring myself to come to terms with the fact that the man I love would possibly be with another woman.
     It was a long flight but I survived through it with my raging thoughts. Nicholas was the one who got me the ticket so I was in business class— as comfortable as I could be. Cheryl had no idea that I was arriving earlier since I had been avoiding her calls.
     The difference between Los Angeles and New York are massive and I was instantly reminded of that when I stepped out and attempted to get a taxi.
     The ride home was excruciatingly painful. I couldn't bare it a second more to flop myself down on my own bed and sleep for days. I needed to treat myself to a well deserved coma so I could escape from all the pain. I needed to drown my sorrows with countless bottles of alcohol until I'm completely numb enough to visit mum and pretend to perfectly fine.
     "Miss?"
The cabbie called my attention and my head snapped in his direction— realizing that he's parked before our rundown apartment. It felt like ages since I actually stayed there consistently. Zayn was soo possessive and wouldn't let me leave his side. I loved it though, it made me feel wanted.

I sent an awkward smile his way and paid him his money before dragging my stuff up the stairs.
     I used my own set of keys to open the door and on our mother fucking couch was Cheryl being a moaning mess as she got fucked by a man whose face I couldn't see.
     "What the fuck Cher?"
I shrieked and several curse words were all I could hear as they tried to cover up and I closed the door behind me, waiting for them— especially the unknown man to cover up his private parts.
     My life at this point. Barely a second went by and Cheryl was kicking the guy out— not allowing him to get fully dressed as he protested. I slipped in and headed for my room, dragging my things behind me.
     "Thought you were gone for a week."
She stood at the entrance of my bedroom door, eyeing me suspiciously and I instantly broke down emotionally. She smelled of sex but I ignored it as she hugged me tightly.
     We sat on my bed and I relived the painful moments all over again as I explained to her everything that transpired. She would occasionally send curse words at Kimberly but all it took was me telling her that I caught Zayn in bed with her and all her senses went through the roof.
Her glare was directed at me even though I knew it was meant for him.
     "I'll fucking kill him."

Please vote • comment • share

•Princess T•