Lawnmower Dog

Morty and I are chatting in the kitchen unknown to the whereabouts of Rick, when suddenly we hear yelling from the lounge room.

"Are you kidding me? Come on!"

Morty and I look at each other and rush into the room.

"What's wrong?"

"Your idiot dog!" Looking over, I see Snuffles had peed on the carpet.

"Oh, he didn't mean it Dad, didn't you Snuffles. You're a good boy." Morty is comforting Snuffles while Jerry only gets more aggravated.

"Don't praise him now, Morty! He just peed on the carpet! Bad dog. Bad!" He reaches down and rubs Snuffles face into the carpet.

"Jerry don't do that!" I grab his hand and pull it back. Suddenly Rick appears.

"Morty, Y/N, I need your help tonight." He grabs Morty by the arm and nods towards me.

"Hey, wait, hold on a second." I sigh and glare daggers at Jerry. "You wouldn't, by any chance, have some sort of crazy science thing you could whip up that might help make this dog a little smarter, would you?"

"I thought the whole point of having a dog was to feel superior, Jerry. If I were you, I wouldn't pull that thread." I deadpan. 

"Listen, if the both of you are gonna stay here, rent free, and use my son for your stupid science, the least you could do is put a little bit of it to use for the family! You make that dog smart or... or Morty's grounded!"

Summer laughs and Rick seems beyond annoyed.

"Boy, you really got me up against a wall this time, Jerry." He leaves for the garage and comes back two seconds later with a device.

"Alright, Ruffles- What's his name?"

"Snuffles." I answer.

"Snuffles. Shake." Snuffles' paw reaches into Rick's hand.

"Roll over." The dog rolls over without missing a beat.

"Go to the bathroom." The little blue bulb lights up with every command. This time he leaves the room, the toilet flushes and he comes back. Everyone's faces are filled with amazement.

"Yeah, you're at the top of your game now, Jerry. Have fun. Come on, guys." We enter the garage and head over to Rick's desk.

"That was fantastic, Rick!" Morty compliments.

"Yeah, Morty. If you like that, boy you're really going to flip your lid over this one." He places a magnifier over a device for us to see.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's a device. That when you put it in your ear you can enter people's dreams. It's just like that movie that Morty keeps crowing about." He explains to me.

"You talkin' about Inception?" Morty asks. 

"That's right, Morty. This is gonna be a lot like that except, you know, it's gonna make sense."

"Inception makes sense..." 

"You don't have to try to impress me. Listen, tonight we'll go into the home of your math teacher, Mister Goldenfold, and we're gonna incept the idea in his brain to give you A's in math. That way you can, you know, you're gonna help me with my science, all the time." 

"Dude, in the time it took you to make this thing, you could of just helped Morty with his homework." I say.

"Homework is stupid, the whole point of this is to get less of it. Let's just get over there and deal with this thing. We're gonna incept his teacher. You're frustrating me."