PILOT

I love living with the Smiths. Beth has been my closest friend since we were kids. I ditched my apartment because my neighbors don't shut the fuck up. All is well at the moment. Except for tonight, why? Because for some reason I wake up to a drunk Rick Sanchez shaking me.

"Y/N, you gotta.. you gotta come with me."

"What's going on Rick?" I question.

"Y/N, just go along with it." Looking over I see Morty. Checking my wrist I see it's 12:42am. I sigh and put on a shirt. All three of us head down to the garage while Morty and I keep an eye on Rick to make sure he isn't going to fall... or do anything Rick-like.

*   *   *

In the ship, the city beneath is beautiful. The lights are so pretty and as you look up, you see the galaxy above.

"So w-what do you think of this flying vehicle, guys. I built it out of stuff I found in the garage." Rick reeks of alcohol and he's pausing and slurring. He really shouldn't be driving.

"It's great, Rick. Is this the surprise?" I ask. Rick is great and all but damn it gets really annoying really quickly. He begins to ramble and Morty takes over and I take this opportunity to space out. 

*          *          *          *          *          *

"I see there's a new episode of that singing show tonight." Jerry begins, putting his IPad down. "Who do you guys think is gonna be the best singer?"

Beth, Jerry, Morty, Rick, Summer and I are gathered at the table eating breakfast. Morty and I can't focus. While sitting next to Rick he gives me his flask under the table. I raise my eyebrow.

"Trust me, Y/N. If you don't wanna feel like shit, drink. If you wanna feel like you took a shower in piss than fine by me." I snatch the flask and drink while no one is looking. 

The result is immediate. I'm awake. It's like I drank 12 cups of coffee in one go. I look at Rick and he's smirking.

"What about Morty?" I whisper. I look over and he's constantly nodding off.

"Too young. This will make you loose your mind if you're under 25." I cough slightly. 

'Jesus Christ ' My thoughts are interrupted when Morty's head crashes into his plate.

"Oh my God, his head is in his food, I'm gonna puke." Summer is an odd egg at best. Despite her crazy, wacky, science-driven grandfather, she still tries to live a normal teen life. Kudos for not giving up. 

 "Morty, are you getting sick? I told you not to practice-kiss the living room pillow, the dog sleeps on it."   

"I wasn't kissing a pillow, Mom, I just... didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Maybe my dreams were just too loud or something." You can tell he's using every bit of energy to hold back a yawn.

"Or maybe you were out all night again with grandpa Rick." Summer chimes. Now this catches Jerry and Beth's attention.

"What?"

"Dad?"

Without missing a single Rick speaks up. "So what? Everyone's supposed to sleep every single night, now? Y-you realise that night time makes up half of all time." I roll my eyes at Ricks's words.

This pisses of Jerry and Beth scolds him.

"Oh my god, my parents are so loud." Summer starts.

"I wanna die." I finish. She laughs with me for a second before Rick joins.