Look Who's Purging Now

Hey Guys. Skipped last chapter cause it got too
much 4 me. Enjoy this one tho

"I got to tell you, guys. It's pretty great to be in this spaceship, just the three of us, you know? Just cruising around, Rick, Y/N and Morty style."

"I agree, Morty." He belches. "It's nice to get back to the basics after a pretty intense, mixed-bag of a year."

"Shit!" I yell, jumping in my seat as a bug smashes into the windshield.

"Relax." Rick pats my thigh. "That's what windshields are for."

"I didn't know that there were bugs out in space."

"Well, w-what did you think, Morty?" Rick shook his head. "Life just developed on earth by itself? Here, let me take care of this."

"Oh, Rick." I whine. "That's gross. I don't want to look at that."

"Yeah, guess I'm out of fluid. L-let me find a place to stop." We fly to a nearby planet, landing on the road. "Hey, muchacho, does your planet have wiper fluid yet, or are you gonna freak out and start worshipping us?"

"The general store ought to have what you need." A man in a hat points.

"Thank you." Rick and I jinx.

"Of course, you'll be wanting to be gone from here by sundown."

"Yeah, sure thing. Wait a minute. What? Why?"

"Sundown is when the festival begins." The man smiles.

"The festival?" I lean over his lap.

"Ooh, well, for millennia, our society has been free of crime and war, living in perfect peace." I turn to Rick a big smile on my face.

"Oh, I know what this is!" I slap his thigh out of excitement.

"You've been able to sustain world peace because you have one night a year where you all run around robbing and murdering each other without consequence." Rick matches my excitement with his own sparkle in his eyes.

"That's right." The man smiles.

"What?!" Morty panics from the backseat.

"It's like 'The purge,' Morty. The movie! Have you not seen it?" I sit up properly.

"Oh, have you been here before?"

"No, no, but we've been to a few planets with the same gimmick." Rick explains. "You know, sometimes it's called the cleansing or the red time."

"There also was this one world that called it just murder night." I remind him.

"I-it's a purge planet. They're peaceful, and then, you know, they just...purge." Rick looks in the review mirror, checking the suns position.

"T-that's horrible!" Morty croaks out.

"Yeah, probably. Wanna check it out?" A large smile appears on my face.

-

"So, what do you do during the festival? You lock yourself in, or you go out and do some stuff?" Rick asks another man, the both of us standing on the porch.

"Oh, I do some pretty bad stuff." He chuckles.

"Oh, I bet you do, old timer." Rick and I laugh.

"Gee... guys, come on. The sun is setting. W-we got to get out of here." Morty gets out of the car and tugs my arm.

"All right, well, w-what do I owe you for the wiper fluid?" Rick opens his lab coat to reach for his wallet.

"It's on the house. Oh, and, uh, why... why don't you have some candy bars, as well?" The man puts his hand out, reaching for a bucket full of candy bars.