the one where the writer has a mental breakdown

I found this audio on tik tok and had a lovely sob sesh so I wrote this, enjoy.

first, a lil bit of an explanation. the book is mainly scenes between Danny and Bonnie, but most of them it's them talking about Roy. does that make sense? you'll understand when you read, but yeah. I guess you could kinda class it as Danny-centric with a side of biadore.

fuck it just read it.

-

Danny sat on the bathroom floor, sobbing his eyes out while staring at the floor. he almost reached for the razor, but he knew he was past that. he didn't do that anymore, he knew what happened to his family when he did. Danny knew his mom was going to be home any minute but he couldn't move, he could barely breathe. he'd tried moving a few seconds ago, but he only fell back down.

"Dan? where are you?" he heard his mom shout. she's downstairs still. "I thought you were making a cake for the baby shower?" she shouts again. the stairs creek and Danny's breath hitches.

"I-in h-h-her-here." I stutter, hiccupping. she soon breaks the door open and checks me for blood. I forgot I locked the door. "I-I uh, I.. didn't."

"yeah I see. what's happened? wait fuck that, even out your breathing." bonnie shakes her head with a chuckle, her body relaxing when she's sure she doesn't see any blood. "do the colour exercises your therapist told you about."

"w-what co-colour?" he asks, sitting up a bit.

"red." bonnie states, smiling. they go through all the red items in the room, then blue, then white until Danny's breathing normal again. "okay, so now you can breath. blow your nose and tell me what happened."

"am I snotty?"

"disgustingly so." she laughs, passing him the toilet roll. Danny blows his nose a couple times, flushing them down the toilet before turning back to his mom.

"I started thinking about my future again."

"you need to stop doing that when you're home alone." bonnie sighs, tucking her sons long hair behind his ear.

"I know, but I was on socials and I kept seeing people out with their friends and boyfriends or girlfriends, and my mind just decided to go 'you have no friends, you're alone in this world. you're 19 and have never been in a relationship' and I kinda just- yeah." Danny pouts, wiping his tears away with his hoodie sleeve.

"can I tell you something?"

"if I said no, you'd still tell me anyway, mom." he giggles, sniffing.

"ha ha. So, one day you're gonna meet this person, and they're going to change your life forever. you're going to fall so in love with them and they're gonna be so perfect for you that its like unimaginable, right?" she starts, sitting against the bathtub next to her son. he leans his head on her shoulder and smiles. he likes it when Bonnie tells him this.

"you're gonna get married, and have a bunch of sticky little kids. they're gonna run round the house and break stuff. you're gonna have 3 dogs, probably like a gigantic golden retriever and two little ones that never shut the hell up and bark at like everything." she lays her head on top of Danny's, kissing his head before she speaks.

"ooh and name one Delilah!"

"yeah." bonnie chuckles at Danny's outburst of happiness.

"you're going to wake up every morning next to the love of your life. and you're gonna grow old with them. and you're going to have tea parties with your grandkids when you're like 80 years old and you're gonna need a cane or something."