Today was his special day.

"Don't you worry about Chester he'll understand ." Theodore put his hands on my shoulder and turned me around. We started walking up the stairs to my room and I took one glance and saw everyone having fun in the kitchen. I sighed and walked up the stairs.

"Okay you go in your room and get all the stuff you need for a bath while I run the water okay?" Theodore spoke and I nodded

"Can I has bubbles in it?" I asked with a pout and he simply pinched my cheek.

"Ah." I scowled and he smiled

"Of course." He nodded and headed towards the bathroom I sighed and walked into my room. I grabbed random old pajamas and some under clothes. Then I grabbed a towel and wash cloth from the cabinet in the hallway. When I finally made it to the bathroom the tub was almost full.

I closed the door behind me and took off my shirt.

"Okay so it should be read in- woah um No Darling you- haha." Theodore laughed nervously as he looked everywhere but at me.
"You were supposed to wait until I left." He explained as he brushed past me and swiftly headed towards the door.

"I'm just going to-"

"Theooo where going?" I whined not feeling good. I thought he was going to stay in here with me. "Stay?" I nodded and he shook his head as he faced the door.

"I can't honey." He tried to leave but I grabbed his shirt.

"Noo stayyy i can keep my clothes on in the tubbb!" I offered and he chuckled as if I had said something funny. I didn't find anything funny about this.

"You can't get in the tub with your clothes on Love." He explained

"Why not?"

"Because then you won't really be clean."

"Yes I will."

"No you won't."

"But I will." I argued and he turned around with a slightly strained look on his face. He looked me directly in my eyes and was going to put his hands on my shoulders but stopped.

"It's not okay for me to be in here while you aren't decently dressed. I'm your foster father so we can't be in the same room if you don't have any clothes on." He spoke each word slowly. Part of my brain started to click and I slowly started to get what he meant. I think.

"I'm 18 so it's fine." I chirped reassuringly and he put his fingers on the bridge of his nose as if he were concentrating really hard.

"No June that is not the same."

Rejection, confusion, and anger was all I felt. Then it felt as if the world had suddenly stopped for a moment. My heart ached and suddenly I wasn't me anymore.

except I was.

I was the me that knew how to act like an adult. I was the me that everyone else wished I could be all the time.

Except maybe with less attitude.

"Aww whats wrong Mr.Lock you've never seen a girl naked before?" I spoke in a condescending tone as I carelessly took off all of my clothes in front of him.

"June?" He scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion and I rolled my eyes.

"Why do they always act so damn surprised when they find out that I have an actual working brain?" I laughed a little "do you like what you see?" I asked curiously but his eyes remained glued to mine.

"Oh? Do you want me to give you a twirl?" I teased and turned in a circle. But of course when my eyes saw his face again he was looking straight at me.

Not anything else.

My smirk fell from my face and I pretended not to feel any type of way.

Maybe he had a type and I just wasn't it...

I watched as he pushed up his glasses onto his face and grabbed my towel. He held it to my chest and on instinct I grabbed the towel and he immediately dropped his arm.

And with his eyes still trained on mine he leaned in closely and looked at me with an emotionless expression.

"Respect yourself."

And then he turned around and exited the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

I know I wrote this... but... I feel the second hand embarrassment 🥴

Laters baby😏