Chapter 1 : First Day

I glanced in the mirror once more. I was wearing skinny jeans, a light blue sweater and black converse. My natural bleach blond hair was in two dutch braids that went into low ponytails. The bottoms of the ponytails went almost to my thighs.
    It was my first day of 11th grade. I grabbed my backpack from off the floor and opened my door. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. My brothers were already eating. My little sister was still upstairs.
I have three brothers and one sister. One of my brothers is a year older than me. The other two are younger and then my sister is the youngest.
"Hey Clay, are you ready for your first day of high school?" I asked my youngest brother.
He glances up, "No. I don't want to go to high school. I want to stay home and read." Clayton, better known as Clay, loves to read. He would spend his whole day reading if he could. His teachers have to take away his books, not his phone, like other kids.
I mess up his hair, "You'll do fine I have faith in you. Plus, I'll be there, Dyl will be there, and so will Colt." My brothers all went by nicknames. My older brother Dylan was Dyl, and my younger brother Colton was Colt.
Yes, Dyl, Colt, and Clay. That's what my brothers wanted to be called. Dill like a pickle, colt like a horse, and clay like mud. My sister and I had normal names. My name was Laura and my sister was Mallory, but she went by Mally. I was the only one who didn't have a nickname.
I was also the only one with bleach blond hair and bright green eyes. Dyl had blond hair, but it was darker, and he had brown eyes. Colt had brown hair and brown eyes. Clay also had brown hair and brown eyes. Colt and Clay looked so alike and were so close in age, people always thought they were twins. Even their names were similar.
Mally was the closest looking to me; she had blond hair and hazel eyes that were more green than brown. My mom had blond hair and brown eyes and my dad had brown hair and green eyes.
I sat down at the table and grabbed some bacon and diced potatoes. I finished them quickly and stood up. I waited until Mally had finished her breakfast and then did her hair too. Then we all stand in front of the door so our parents could take pictures.
After pictures, we all head out to Dyl's car. Even though I have my license, we all ride together. We pull out of the driveway and I, being in shotgun, get to choose the song. I plug the aux cord into my phone and turn on Trust Fund Baby by Why Don't We. My brothers all groan, but Mally, being the 6th grader she is, squeals. Mally and I jam out while my brothers just sit there.