Chapter 2

Ch 2 Golden Trio POV (third person)

Harry was sitting in the Gryffindor Common room, term had just started and he had already been given half a ton of homework, mainly from Snape. He was trying to write an essay on wolfsbane when Collin Creevy, an excitable 5th year, came running up to him.

"Harry!" He panted. "Professor Dumbledore wanted me to give you this," Harry took the letter from Collin, opened it and read:

Dear Harry, 

                   I request that you, Hermione and Ron come up to my office immediately it is of the utmost importance and it concerns all three of you. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. I had an joyful time eating cough drops.

Yours sincerely

Albus Percival Brian Dumbledore.

Harry looked up to see that Colin was watching him.

"Harry," He started nervously, "Could I have your autograph?"

"Err, maybe later Collin." Harry said distractedly as he made his way through the portrait hole and towards the library, where Ron and Hermione were.

"Guys Dumbledore wants to see us in his office." Hermione looked up from her book.

"Why? We're not in trouble are we?"

"I don't know, He said it was very important." Harry replied.

Hermione sighed. "But I just found the right page!" She said torturously as she closed the heavy pages.

All three of them put their books away and made their way to Dumbledore's office.

"Cough Drops." Harry told the gargoyle, which graciously moved aside and let them up. They knocked on the door and Dumbledore permitted them to enter. Inside were nearly all the professors of Hogwarts and some ghosts.

"Harry, Ron and Hermione looked around nervously.

"What's going on?" Asked Hermione, talking specifically to Dumbledore. He looked at the room at large.

"We are receiving some new 'exchange' students on Friday from Montana - America.

They are very important and they are a bit different to your normal witch or wizard. They are to be looked after to highest standards." They all nodded that they understood and Dumbledore smiled, there was something in his eyes that told them he hadn't explained the full story.

The teachers left, so it was just Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore left.

"Sir?" Harry asked uncertainly. "Why are we having 'exchange' students?"

Dumbledore looked at Harry and smiled sadly.

"To put it simply Harry, we are under attack."

"Well yes Sir, but what can they do against Voldemort?" Ron and Hermione automatically flinched at his name.

"They're not witches and wizards Harry." The three of them exchanged puzzled looks.

"Well then what are they, Professor?" Hermione questioned.

"Moroi and Dhamphirs." Replied Dumbledore. Hermione gasped, while the boys still didn't understand, of course Hermione knew what they were.

"Vampires, Professor?"

"Yes but don't worry, they won't bite - Much." Dumbledore chuckled at the looks on their faces.

"They are going to help fight. I'll send them to the Gryffindor common room when they arrive. Goodnight to you all" Dumbledore made it plain that that was that.

                                                                                        * * *

Back in the Gryffindor Common room, they all discussed the new guests.

"I can't believe it! I always thought they were myths"

"Hermione." Ron said. "Wizards and Witches are meant to be myths."

"I know it's just - so - just-"She stopped, too flustered to talk.

"Hey, remember Rose and Lissa, from America last year?" Harry and Ron nodded. Of course they would remember, the girls became best friends with Harry, Ron and Hermione and helped them in the fight at the Ministry.

"They believed in the myth. They believed it was true. If only they were here with us to find out they were right." Hermione whispered and silence met her as all were lost in their thoughts about the two girls who had upped and left without a word.