Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Christmas Day

APOV (Adrian)

Waking up, I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and groaned as I saw it was eight in the morning, human time. Seriously, if I was human, I wouldn't get up until at least 11.

Bleary eyed, I automatically reached over for my bottle of Vodka that I kept next to the clock. After a couple of minutes of groping around, I remembered that I was somewhere in England, not at St. Vlad's where my alcohol was.

I sighed tiredly and sat up. Memories of my conversation with Rose last night ran through my head, and I regretted what I'd done and said to her,

Maybe he didn't love her. But Harry damn well sure had feelings for her. I could see his aura burning red whenever he was around her. You didn't even need to use Spirit to see that he was smitten with her, he had the same face that I did whenever I looked at Rose.

I pushed the depressing thoughts aside and got ready to go downstairs. As I did, I saw Rose out of the window. She had no coat on, and was standing in the snow, staring at the sky. I could tell by the expression on her face that she was deep in thought. I was transfixed by her beauty and only snapped out of my trance as I watched her disappear back into the house.

I walked down the stairs and into the Weasley's small living room which had a large Christmas tree crammed into it. Everyone (Dimitri, Harry, Hermione, the Weasley's, Lissa, Alberta and Lupin) was gathered around, talking to each other and wishing merry Christmas's to each other, as I sat down next to Lissa, who smiled at me. About thirty seconds later, Rose entered the room and sat on the other side of Lissa. The chatter died down a little as we started to pass presents. Rose handed Lissa a large box wrapped in pink paper. Lissa eagerly opened it and gasped at what she took out.

“Oh, Rose, it's beautiful!” She cried. Pulling out, I saw that it was a dress. It was sky blue with spaghetti straps and it was knee length. Along the hem were jewels and beads, indicating that I cost a lot. Studying Lissa's aura, I saw that she was both deeply touched and worried about the price. Lissa hugged Rose and then passed her her present. It was a small, black rectangular shaped box with a red bow on top. Rose opened it and inside was a shiny silver stake. The side flourishes spiraled out into spirals, and in the center of the spirals were small roses. The blade had a feint flower pattern winding up it's body, and I could see that it said Хранитель вечности on it. Rose looked in awe at the stake and then wrapped Lissa in a massive hug. Soon, numerous presents were being handed round and I lost track because there were so many. Rose gave Harry some joke products from Weasley Wizard Wheezers, Hermione gave Rose a strategy book, Rose gave me a bottle of Russian Vodka as a joke, and a new watch, and I looked on in jealousy as I saw what Harry got Rose. It was a silver necklace with a tiny sword made of diamonds dangling from it. She thanked him and he put on her for her. I glared angrily at him as his stupid hands brushed her neck.

Dimitri gave Rose a tube of lip gloss and they both laughed, and she gave him a warm and friendly hug. Finally, it was my turn to give her her present. I watched her open it, and she grinned when she saw what the first part of it was. I'd bought her J'adore by Dior. The second present was a charm bracelet with a rose and a heart dangling from it. She thanked me and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled tightly at her, wanting nothing more than to wrap her up in my arms and never let go.

I know she thought I wasn't serious about my feelings for her, and that she thought all I wanted to do was get her into bed with me, but it's not true. Her touch sends shivers down my spine, and her smile took my breath away. She really was outstanding and she made em feel things that I'd never felt for girls before. All I felt got the girls in my past was lust. With Rose it was deeper than that. It killed me to be away from her, and it hurt to be so close yet unable to touch her.

Her voice hypnotised me, like she was using compulsion, and whenever another guys touches her, anger and jealousy would rise in me. I loved her. I loved her, but she didn't love me. The worlds unfair like that though, and it slowly rips apart your heart, leaving your soul shattered. I tried so hard to convince myself that I didn't love her when I first met her, love wasn't something I believed in, but she drew me in and I fell for her. The saying that “better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all” was wrong. I haven't lost Rose, but I may have well of. It's not better to love and lose someone because that kills you on the inside, but if you never love, you'll never have to live through that depression.

I had no chance in hell of winning her over, either. I had to compete with the liked of Belikov, Mason and Harry. I had money and charms, but what else did I have? If she was with me, she would forever be looked down on as a blood whore. Moroi and Dhampir relationships just don't happen long term. I'd give anything to be with her. I'd give up my name, family, money, cigarettes. Even my vodka. If only she knew what she meant to me.

My thoughts were interrupted, however, by Ron, who walked into the living room looking worried.

“Has anyone seen Ginny?” No one had. “I've looked everywhere for her. She's not in the house, or the garden, and I've got a feeling that something's happened to her.”