Chapter 4: A Dance in the Dustshop

Start from the beginning

And ya'know what I think it was worth the trouble. Vale itself kind of looked like a more futuristic Boston or Chicago, maybe with just a touch of the New York charm. And honestly the city was beautiful at night, I normally prefer to walk but when we got into the city I just had to fly around for a minute to look at the city, it was like looking down at city lights from space, except much closer. Of course I couldn't fly too far or I'd end up hurting either myself or Ruby, and I dint want to hurt her. After I got my fill of the lights of the city, I walked alongside Ruby untill we reached a little hole in the wall shop, aptly named, 'From Dust Till Dawn'.

Y/n: "The names a little tacky but to each their own I guess: I remarked smartly and with a chuckle. Ruby just gave me a sideways glance with a smirk, as well as a playful punch to the shoulder before we continued inside the shop. The shopkeeper seemed to recognize Ruby as he waved to her with a smile while she greeted him.

Ruby: " Hey shopkeep! Just here to do some browsing. You get your new stock of weapon magazines yet?" The shopkeep nodded with a small smile before pointing over his shoulder to our right. "Awesome! Thanks again!" Ruby thanked him as she walked over to a small corner of the store to the right of the counter that had a magazine rack, as well as a few dust dispensers. Ruby picked up a magazine off the rack and sat down facing the rack itself, away from the door as she put on a big red set of headphones and started to listen to music while she read.

I took this opportunity to look around the shop and look at some of the dust. Ruby hand shown me some of her dust ammo before but there were so many types here! Fire! Ice! Air and even Gravity! They even had pure dust Crystal's at the counter.

I eventually got a little bored looking around so I eventually went back to where Ruby was sitting and floated opposite of her as I reclined myself in the air, throwing my hands behind my head. Ruby glanced at me over her magazine with a smile as I gave her a wave before she went back to her magazine. I took notice that the shopkeep wasnt looking and picked up a magazine myself and started to read. I picked up a weapon magazine to look at as me and Ruby had been thinking about maybe building me a weapon, and I wanted to see what my options were. I was thinking along the lines of some kinda axe...I always liked axes.

I was getting pretty caught up in my magazine so I didnt really notice when a man walked inside the dust shop with a bunch of similar looking goons in tow, and started to rob the place.

3rd Person POV

Roman walked into the dust shop with the men he'd hired from junior in tow, his trademark smirk plastered on his face as he approached the counter.