༓☾ forty one ☽༓

Start from the beginning

He looks at me softly as he ruffles my hair with a small smile spreading across his lips.

"Jungkook, you are apart of my life so stop saying that I'm worrying about you or that I'm spending too much time around you. That's what I'm suppose to do so you shouldn't worry about me. Anyway I wouldn't be leaving now, especially not when your bonding ceremony is only a few days away from here." I choke on nothing but air as I hear him mention my bonding.

With wide eyes and mouth left open, shocked by his words, I start to process it.

Bonding?

As in the bonding I have to do with Taehyung once I become the lux at twenty one?

But I'm not twenty one.

But I am the lux now.

Due to being in a situation like that war, I exploded and the lux inside of me came out to protect me and the others around me.

Yet the bonding never came to mind because I always thought that it would just happen when I'm twenty one. I mean it also has only been a few hours since the whole thing happened but it still never once crossed my mind.

"I'm guessing no one told you?" He asks and I shake my head no, still trying to process it all. What does this mean then?

I know bonding will just connect us more and we'll basically be mated and all, but still, what does that all mean?

What do I need to do?

So many questions fly through my head that I feel myself start to panic.

But right when I felt my self about to panic even more, my uncle lays his hand on my chest, over my heart, and I instantly calm down. Feeling comforted and safe.

"No need to overthink or panic Kook. Just relax and breathe." He says patting my chest and I lay my hand over his and calm down and once I get calm, I look at Sejin uncle with a small smile. He smiles back and the continues to talk.

"I think the best person to talk to about this is Taehyung himself." I nod my head and I squeeze his hand in thanks since I didn't want to hurt him too much by hugging him and with one last squeeze I get off the bed, slipping my shoes on quickly and rushing out of the room while yelling bye.

I run towards our room, making sure I don't bump into anyone or anything on my way there.

I hear someone call my name but my mind is too preoccupied with this whole bonding thing that I can't process anything else.

Once I make it to our room I barge right in. Just as I was about to blurt out my question, the sight in front of me makes me swallow back down my words.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I see Tae pack a bag, putting in clothes and other essential things for a travel.

He stops packing and looks up at me with a small smile as he walks over to me and lays a gentle kiss to my lips but I don't react, still trying to figure out as to why he's packing a bag for a trip that he hasn't told me about. I mean it has only been a few hours since the war just ended, why would he be packing?

And as if it's so simple, he simply says, "Packing." Leaving me to infer what he means by that, as if I can read his mind and know what's going on.

"There is some business that I need to take care of before the bonding ceremony. I need to make sure everything is in order. But don't worry I'll be back a day before the bonding so I will have plenty of time to prepare." He's leaving before the bonding and he even freaking knew about the bonding ceremony in the first place, why was I the only one who didn't know about this?