Chapter 13

The next several days went a little something like this, Niall and Harry would go to their classes, during lunch they would go over the song, they'd go to choir, they'd go back to the dorm and practice the song. Niall would pick the notes for Harry to sing along to at first then he would strum the chords for Harry to sing on his own. They would get Louis and go to dinner, then after dinner they would practice again. Niall was not complaining about all the time he spent with Harry but he knew when the audition came around he was going to have his work cut out for him.

A week before the auditions they met in choir like normal. They all sat in their seats as Jason walked into the room. Instead of pounding on the piano like he normally would he stood in front of the piano to address the room.

"Good afternoon guys," Jason started. There were a few murmured replies back to him. "So as a lot of you guys know the musical auditions are coming up next week. I know a lot of you are planning on auditioning which is very exciting. Up here on the piano I have a sigh up sheet for time slots. I need you all who plan to try out to pick a time slot. Please do that either today or tomorrow so we can get those things sorted before next week." Niall looked over at Harry who had paled quite a bit. "So," Jason clapped his hands together, "Let's get started." With that he returned to the piano and pounded out the chords for everyone to begin warming up.

When Niall and Harry left choir that day Harry was much more on edge than normal. He chewed on his thumbnail and Niall could tell he wasn't listening to him. Niall knew his mind was now on the audition. Harry's terrible stage fright was beginning to get the better of him again. Though Niall knew that Harry would ace the audition, like he always did, Harry was not so confident in himself.

"I'm starving, should we go to dinner early?" Niall asked. Harry head snapped to Niall.

"No!" he shouted in a panicked tone. "No, I need to practice. You have to help me practice," he said through panicked short breaths.

"Hazza, calm down. You can't just sing all night. You have to give yourself a break. Your voice will be shot by your audition," Niall tried to reason with him. Harry pondered this thought for a moment.

"Ok, yeah. Let's get dinner. But then can we practice?" he asked almost begging.

"Of course. You'll feel better with a full stomach," Niall smiled. Harry did not agree with that statement. The last thing he wanted was a full stomach. He followed Niall into their dorm building and up the stairs to get Louis. Harry hung back as Niall opened the door to find Louis. "Louis, food time." Louis jumped up and rushed to the door.

"Damn right it's food time," Louis cheered. He caught a glimpse of Harry, "Hiya, Harry," he beamed. Harry could only manage a half smiled. Louis turned to look at Niall who just shook his head. They turned and headed back down the stairs and over to the cafeteria.

"Play it again Niall," Harry told him frantically.

"Harry," Niall yawned "We've been at it for hours. You sound great. I think it's time to call it a day." Harry wasn't ready to quit. His stomach flip-flopped inside him.

"It's not perfect yet," Harry explained as he started pacing the floor. Niall recognized this particular tick of Harry's to mean his anxiety was reaching danger levels.

"Hey, hey." Niall stood up and stood in front of Harry to stop him from walking. Harry still bounced on his feet but stopped walking.

"It has to be perfect Ni," Harry told him tearfully. Niall put down his guitar and wrapped his arms around Harry. Harry couldn't contain his emotions any longer. In Niall's arms he began to sob.

"You're alright Hazzy," Niall sighed. "I've got you." Harry couldn't speak. He only cried harder and began to shake. "Easy now, take a breath. You're alright." Niall guided Harry over to his bed and sat down with him. He began to rub Harry's back whispering softly. "I've got you baby," Niall whispered. Harry's heart leapt out of his chest. Niall had never called him that before. He looked up at Niall. Niall simply looked down at him and smiled. Harry leaned up and kissed Niall. Niall gripped Harry shirt as he kissed him back. Harry put his hand on the back of Niall's head, running his fingers through his hair. Niall shuddered as a chill went down his spine. Niall put one of his hands on Harry's leg. Harry let's out a breath of contentment and then continues to kissing Niall. This is the longest and most passionately they had ever kissed. Harry ran hand down Niall's back. Niall moved his hand up Harry's leg. Harry doesn't object. This went on for a while. Eventually, both boys let go. They laid down on Harry's bed without saying a world and fell asleep.

The next few days things were different between the two boys. Niall was easily able to calm Harry now whenever his nerves get the best of him. Harry took a new comfort in Niall. Just his presence was now enough for Harry. The day of the auditions Harry was a wreck. Niall didn't sleep with him that night. He woke up and the first thing he did was run to the bathroom to empty his stomach due to nerves. Tears leaked down his cheeks. He wanted Niall. He wanted his hand on his back. He wanted him to help he feel better. But upstairs down the hall and inside Louis and Niall's room. Niall woke up and immediately knew something was wrong. His head spun and his stomach swirled and nausea rose immediately. There was no denying it. Niall was sick. Niall was sick on the worst day possible. He had no idea what he was going to do.