Chapter 2

After that first party Niall vowed he was never going to drink like that again and he meant it. Louis knew better than to ask him again. Luckily he got over his hangover and was feeling fine for their first day of classes. The only thing Niall was really looking forward to was choir. He had choir later in the afternoon so he had to make it through his first few classes.

When the time finally came he walked into the music building and immediately felt at home. He could hear people practicing piano and playing intranets and sing and it made Niall's heart flutter. He walked into the choir room and was met by several others waiting for choir to start. He looked around and say down next to some other guys who recognized him from the party. He was talking and laughing with them when the door opened again and a different student walked in. He recognized him to be the curly haired boy he talked to at the party. The boy looked around and sat down towards the back.

Niall was mesmerized by this guy. He couldn't help but watch him. He sat back in his chair playing with his phone. His hair sat like a curly mop on top of his head, swooped out of his eyes but otherwise a mess of curls going out every which way.

"That's Harry Styles," one of the boys Niall was sitting with told him.

"He talked to me at the party the other night," Niall explained.

"Surprised you even remember talking to anyone Horan," the boy laughed. Niall chuckled taking his attention off of Harry.

"I was so sick. I'm never doing that again," Niall laughed. He looked back over at Harry and their eyes met for a moment. Both boys looked away when the choir director came in.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen time to get started."

After choir was over Niall left feeling good about being in the music department. He was done for the day and was making his way back to his dorm room. He couldn't stop thinking about Harry though. That was just something about him. His thoughts were interrupted when he got to his building and unlocked the door.

"Hold the door!" He turned and saw Harry running towards him. He swallowed hard and held the door open. "Thanks," Harry said out of breath.

"No problem," Niall replied. Harry headed off down the hall and into a room. He must live in this building too. Niall made his way up the stairs and back to his room. His mind was in a fog until he got back to his room and walked in.

"Hiya Nialler! How was choir?" Louis asked cheerfully

"What?" Niall asked slowly realizing he was daydreaming.

"Choir. How was it?" Louis asked again.

"Oh. It was good," Niall told him sitting down on the bed.

"That's it? Not very talkative today are we Nialler?"

"Sorry. Just kind of got lost in my thoughts. Don't you have footie practice?" Niall asked changing the subject before Louis could ask any more questions. He shook his head.

"Coach pushed it back to this evening because of the heat," Louis explained. It was a scolding day so Niall wasn't surprised by this.

"I can't imagine running drills in this weather."

"Yeah coach learned his lesson. Before you got here we were out practicing on a super hot day like this and half the team was puking their guys out," Louis laughed.

"Did that include you?" Niall asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep," Louis said proudly. "Blew chunks with the best of them."

"You're disgusting," Niall laughed. Louis was fun to have around. He was a free spirit and kept things lively.

"I'm starving. Wanna hit the café and get some food?" Louis asked.

"As long as you promise not to blow chunks after practice tonight," Niall tease. Louis laugh snaking his shoulder.

"You're alright Horan." Niall smiled.

"You too Tommo."