Chapter 5

"God my head," Louis groaned covering his eyes with his arm. Niall pulled the curtains shut trying to make the room dark for his roommate. "What happened last night?"

"Couldn't tell you how you got home but you threw up all night," Niall explained.

"I'm real sorry mate," Louis sighed.

"Don't worried, but you're still feeling pretty crappy. What do you need?" Louis shrugged.

"Do you want to eat something? You've got nothing in your stomach." Niall watched Louis's face pale as he shook his head.

"No, no food," he simply said putting his hand on his stomach.

"I know you don't feel good mate, but you got to eat something," Niall encouraged. Louis gulped and shook his head again.

"I can't," he told him. Niall sighed.

"I won't push it. I'm going to go get food though. Text me if you need anything." Louis nodded before laying back down curling into a ball. Niall felt bad but he wasn't about to stick around much longer. He was starving and needed something to eat. He made his way to the café where there were several other students gathering for the weekend brunch. He ran into Parker while he was there and ate with him and his friends.

"You normally coming with Louis. Where's he at this morning?" Parker asked shoving a pancake in his mouth.

"Hungover," Niall explained taking a bite of bacon.

"Rough night I take it?"

"You have no idea."

"So you're probably just glad to get away for a while." Niall chuckled and shook his head.

"I feel bad for him he's so miserable. But I was up all night with him so yeah I need a brake." The other boys laughed.

"So when do your practices for the small group start?" Parker asked.

"Couple weeks. We have to get through fall sports first," Niall explained.

"So you still haven't talked to Styles yet have you?" Parker asked with a slight smirk. Niall's face turned bright red.

"No, why would I?" he asked trying to sound convincing.

"Just seems like you avoid him," Parker shrugged. "You two are the only first years that made it. You two are incredible singers. Seems like you two would get along." Niall felt butterflies come to his stomach.

"Yeah I guess," Niall mumbled taking another bite of food hoping someone would change the subject away from him and Harry. As luck would have it Niall's phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket and saw it was Louis.

Lou: Hey when you coming back?

Niall chuckled and replied.

Niall: Why you feeling bad?

Lou: Threw up again. Can you come back?

Niall: Sure thing, I'll grab some more ginger ale for you. Sound good?

Lou: Yeah, please just hurry back.

Niall put his phone away and started to stand.

"Louis's struggling, I'm gonna head back," Niall told his friends.

"Poor guy. He's lucky you're willing to look after him," Parker told him. Niall nodded.

"Yeah. He's lucky I put up with him," Niall chuckled. "He's grown on me. He's like an annoying brother that you can't get rid of." The others laughed. "I better go though. I'll see you guys later." Niall waved at them as he left and set back towards the dorm room stopping by the campus store to grab some ginger ale and pain medicine. He got what he needed and went back to his room where Louis was waiting for him. The curtains where drawn so the room was dark. As he opened the door the light from the hallway flooded the room causing Louis to groan.

"God the light kills," he hissed. Niall quickly shut the door making the room dark again.

"Sorry Lou," Niall said softly.

"Not your fault mate. My stomach is in bits." Niall pulled out one of the bottles of ginger ale he bought and a couple of painkillers.

"Here, this will help your stomach and your headache. There's really nothing else I can do." Louis took the medicine and the drink and smile a little at Niall.

"Thanks buddy."

"Don'tworry about it. Maybe next time you'll be more carful." Little did Niall knowthat was not going to be the case. In fact, not only was that not going to bethe case but the next party Louis drug him to would change everything.     

This chapter was super short. Trying to figure out how I want to reinvent the next chapter. Glad you all are enjoy thing book so far. I'm enjoying writing it.