Longing

You ever look around at everyone you've ever known and it seems like their life is so much more put together than yours? Like they could have everything they want, when in reality it's what you want?

That doesn't take away the happiness that you have for them and their success, but it still hurts that you always seem so close, but always too far.

In all honesty, it's exhausting. Hoping for something you know you're not going to get anytime soon. Of course this could all be branched from the fact I'm feeling extremely pessimistic and it's two in the morning.

It doesn't stop it from having some form of truth though. Wanting something, or someone you know you can't have or aren't yet ready for, only causes unnecessary strain. Emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

And if it's held in long enough... it starts to hurt. The fear of never living your life, or never finding love of your own, or getting that car or job you've always wanted... seeing someone else you know have it causes just a bit of bitterness. Now not necessarily towards the person, but towards the situation, and sometimes yourself.

What's the point of sitting moping about it when you could work to better yourself, and prepare for what it is you want. It's never easy, but if anything worth having was, then everyone would have it and it would in essence lose it's value.

It's sought for because it's difficult to obtain, and not everyone will obtain it, but there's no harm in trying.