Time to Run

He started to take out a small square like device and put it on the floor gently. It expanded, making it about 3 feet long. We stepped on opposite sides of each other and it lit up blue.

"San Francisco" Red say's to the device.

In a second, we're flashed out of New York and transported to the front doors of our establishment.

"You know, I will never get used to that. I get dizzy every time." Red speaks as he tries not to fall down.

I chuckled slightly and walk up to the front doors. The doors were at least ten feet high and ten feet wide. I knocked four times and a camera shoots out of the side wall. It scans our faces, and then the entryway opens.

"Red, your late." A deep voice talks, "I told you I had something important to say"

"I'm literally late by like two minutes, plus Addilyn was gonna get eaten by a Lizardrett, sooo..." He replies, bouncing on the end of his heels.

"I was not. I was just merely testing the competition." I say, my hands placed behind my back.

I watched as my boss walks down the long thin staircase.

My boss's name was actually Roger Rick. Or RR for short. He was the founder of this place, an old soul. Old enough to be considered ancient. To say he was human was an understatement. He had the power to put on any kind human skin of his choice, but that wasn't the real him. I've only seen the 'real' him once. And it was terrifying.

He and some of his clients, who worked with the Lord, had a conference. And whenever he had a conference, he was authorized to reveal his true self. I had just came back from a mission and needed to talk to him urgently. And when I walked into the conference room, I couldn't move. It was as if I was frozen in time and my brain was stuck.

There was a monster in the room. Or at least I thought that's what it was.

It was tall and very hairy. It had a horn sticking out of it's head, almost like a rhino. It stood on four legs and it's head resembled a goat, with big, wide eyes.

Every since then, I've been frightened to even look at the boss.

He stared straight at me, almost feeling like he was looking into my soul, "We have a guest, I would like for you to meet him."

I nodded my head, "Yes boss. Would you like me to change my attire?"

He looked me over, seeing the black goo covering my clothes, "Yes, but make it quick, he's been waiting too long." He glared at Red.

Red simply shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the room, heading towards the dining room I supposed.

I trotted past my boss towards my room. I opened the tall lanky door to find my dog, Zeus, laying on my bed. He was a silky blond German shepherd mixed with border collie. He was turning four in two months. I smiled at the thought of him waiting for me all night.

I rushed to my closet and quickly pulled out something to wear. I took off the black cloak that was painted with monster blood and replaced it with a black t-shirt. And soon after my black pants were replaced with a normal pair of blue jeans. I put on a pair of thick boots and headed out the door, Zeus close behind.

I walked briskly down the long, detailed hallway. Glancing at the old portrait paintings that hung on the cherry wood wall.

I walked into the dining room to find a man standing before the fire. His back was turned to me, facing the fireplace. He was wearing a dark crimson suit with his hands folded behind his back.