Chapter 1: The Dark

Start from the beginning

L I E S

The worst lies she could've told me. Suddenly I couldnt trust anything, I didnt know what was real and what wasnt, I didnt know if ANYTHING was real.

And just like that...

My light...faded away...

Leaving just me...

And The Dark...

I all but shut down when that happened. I moved in with my father full time and started over, scrambling and searching the floor of my pathway looking for more light. And my life got better, I lost weight, I remade friendships, I learned the truth of my life and how I came to be here...but I never did find a light. Now it was just me. From the outside you'd think I was surrounded by lights, but no...I was alone. After a while the dark was more than a home, it was my only true friend, the only thing that I could trust to always be there. And if I was selfless I would have killed myself when I turned 14. The world felt like a weight that I couldnt bare alone, but the weight was mine alone. I couldnt bring myself to die, couldnt even cut myself, I cared so much about those outside the walls of my hallway. My family and friends. Even though I was alone I still loved them. I couldnt bring myself to hurt them with my pain and death. And so I "lived" if you can call it that. I wanted to die but I couldnt do it myself. It had to be for something, so I waited.

One thing I find funny is that we as people, all at one point in our lives, fear the dark and what lies within. But what we fear more than the dark itself, is the shadows that we cant help but see moving inside of it. Our simple minds cant process the idea that there isnt something lurking in the dark.. watching and waiting. I learned very fast that if anything in the dark wanted me dead...I would've died a lot quicker than I did...oh...spoilers I guess heh...

I dont fear the shadows now. I find that now...I take some strange pride in the fact that, I without a doubt, am one of them. I mean what else could I be...woth jo light to make me anything more...or anything less. And so like a shadow I shifted and waited and morphed and changed...but most importantly waited. My time would come, and it may not have been terribly fast, but it came nonethele-

???: "Y/N..."

'Shit'

Me: "oh uh hey...why are you up? You need your rest..."

???: "You're doing it again aren't you..."

Me: "Don't worry about me rosebud...just thinking a bit. Go back to sleep, sorry for waking you."

???: "mmm..."

'Is she asleep?... good.'

'Ok bring it down a notch Y/N...god this is a pain in the ass sometimes.'

Sorry about that. I got a bit careless in making my thoughts...I only hope she didnt hear to much. *sigh* I'm gonna get an earful in the morning. Anyways where was I...ah right, my death.

Did you know that the likeliehood of being randomly shot on the street in the U.S is, on average, 0.00008 percent chance? Pretty slim odds there if you ask me, so I must be one lucky motherfucker to get caught in a shooting at a football game.

Ah what was the day again.... i think the year was in fact 2020...January? No...maybe...I cant say for certain. My mind has changed since then but I know I was 17 at the time, I believe I still am. It feels like an eternity, and a second have passed at the same time. I cant quite remember the teams that were playing either, but we were living in arizona so I assume we were there for the cardinals. We never went out to games often as a family, hell I didnt even watch TV but getting out with my dad and my stepmom was almost always a good time. It was never a light but..I never expected one to be honest. I believe on of my friends and his father were there as well, I only really had one friend in good ol' AZ but I hadn't even been in the state for a full year yet so it wasnt a surprise. I wasnt what one would call a 'social butterfly'. We were close to the floor I believe. I'd never been so close to the playing field before while it was in use. I found the noise quite distracting to be honest. I had my music for that...AH STOP I'm getting sidetracked. That's another story anyway. Back to the scene. I really dont know how these lunatics even managed to get into the rooms the teams come out of at the start of the game. But on both ends of the field, right at the halftime mark...erupted a hail of gunfire I never thought I'd see from a civilian shooting. Everybody on the field was dead in seconds, after that they took to the stands. There was no precision or finesse in their act. It was just wild, and indiscriminate death, in that moment everyone in that stadium was united under one simple and undeniable circumstance...true danger.