Birthday

I was standing in the most cliche dream setting in the world. I was in a feild of nice soft grass that was waving in the breeze. There was a sunset, and a perfectly shaped tree. It was like those settings you see in cheesy movies, how the man and woman run towards eachother in slow motion.

Except this time, it was Damon. Only he wasn't running towards a girl, he was running towards the tree, with a dreamy smile on his face. Oh, did I mention he wasn't wearing anything except bright pink underwear?

I heard a noise behind me and turned to see what is was. It was Stefan, he was standing there, infront of a pole, licking it like it was a lollipop.

I woke up laughing so hard it hurt.

There was a knock on the door and Damon walked in. That only made me laugh harder.

"What are you laughing at?" he asked.

I couldn't answer him, partly because l couldn't breathe.

"It's nice to know that I amuse you." he said.

My laughter died down, and I was able to breathe again.

"Happy birthday." he said.

"Thank you." I said. Yesterday had been as boring as ever, because all the Harry Potter tickets had sold out, so Damon said we'd go today. 

"Now hurry up and get ready. The movie starts in like and hour." he said.

Half an hour later, I walked downstairs to find Damon. He was sitting in the chair drinking bourbon.

"Isn't it a too little early too be drinking?" I asked.

"It's never too early." he said.

"Good point." I said. "Where is everyone?"

"Stefan is with Elena, he said to say happy birthday and that he'll see you later, Lexi had to sort a few things out, and she'll be back this afternoon." he said.

"And Jeremy?" I asked.

"That I don't know." he said.

Wonderful, everyone has ditched me for my birthday. Except for Damon.

My mood dimmed, and the only thing that kept me slightly happy, was thinking about that dream I had.

When we were driving to the movies, I started thinking.

Who cares if no ones here for my birthday? I would have fun without them. Damon's a fun guy, so today, I'll have fun.

In the movies we sat right at the front, for more effect.

When it got to the part where Harry was wearing a bra, I laughed.

After the movie, Damon took me out to lunch.

We chose a table outside and ordered.

I looked at my surroundings. There were shops at each side of the restaurant. And there leaning against a wall, was Shadow, who was smirking at me.

"I'll be right back." I said.

"Where- Oh." Damon said, spotting Shadow.

As I made my way over to him, I could have sworn I saw Stefan and Elena entering a shop over his shoulder. But when I tried to see if it was actually them, they were already gone. Probably just my imagination.

"Hey." I said.

"Happy birthday."

"Thanks." I said. "Okay, Shadow, you really need to tell me what's going in."