Chapter 24: Boarding

The night is falling and it is almost time for Obi and I to go to bed. We are currently sitting outside the Jedi Temple. I hear the door open and I watch as Master Windu walks towards us. He sits down next to us and pats my shoulder.

"How is your first day going?" He asks smiling, "Although what Qui-Gon did is foolish, I do believe he had a reason."

"Master Windu, my Master would never do anything without thinking it through." Obi says looking at the Jedi Master.

"Qui-Gon was always smart, he thought of the positives and the negatives. The positives always seemed to outweigh the negatives. In his case."

"Yes, always."

"I hope you two are enjoying yourselves." He pauses and sighs, "How has your day been so far?"

"Normal." I say smiling, "Nothings really changed."

"That's good." He says, he turns around and looks straight ahead. "Tomorrow."

"What's wrong with tomorrow, Master?" I ask looking at the man.

"You are to leave at dawn." He stands and walks away.

"Mysterious..." Obi says rubbing his chin.

"He's always been like that. Since I was a Padawan." I giggle, "Best we head to bed now if we are leaving that early."

"Agreed."

We both stand and we start walking to our quarters. We are jus5 talking about the usual things, nothing changed. I hope it stays that way.
When we arrive I open the door and look through my dresser, lucky we are both Jedi Masters, we get better rooms, with our own bathroom. Unlike the Padawan's.
I take my clothes and I walk into the bathroom, locking the door. I quickly have a shower and brush my teeth. I change into clothes that are suitable for sleeping. Then I walk out.

I point to the bathroom and look at Obi, "All yours, bud."

"Thanks!" He exclaims, smiling. I watch as he walks into the bathroom and locks the door.

I sit on the bed and wait for him to finish. I hear the door open and I look over at him, yep, his clothes are suitable for sleeping alright.
I lay down and I turn around, tonight might be awkward.

"Don't worry (Y/n), I won't do anything to you." He says as he lays down next to me.

"I know you won't, I've known you long enough." I say laughing.

"Well, goodnight." I feel a warmth on my cheek as he turns around.

"Goodnight, Obi."

I shut my eyes and fall asleep. A peaceful sleep. I guess Obi really is a good luck charm.

I assume it's morning since I hear someone knocking on the door. I feel Obi stand up and walk towards it.

"Master Windu." I hear Obi say, "(Y/n) is still asleep."

"Yes, I was wondering, how was your first night?"

"Good, why do you ask?"

"Just wanted to know, (Y/n)'s always been a night owl. Not one for mornings."

"Yeah, always."

"Well, best she wakes us, you'll be leaving in an hour with the Younglings."

"Of course, Master."

I hear the door shut and Obi walks towards the bed again, "How am I supposed to wake her up?"

I decide to play a game with him, I want to know how he'll wake me up in the future.
I feel him tap my on my shoulder, "(Y/n)... you need to wake up now... we're leaving..."

Of course I don't move. He starts to tap my shoulder more and more, "(Y/n), we shouldn't be late..."

Then he starts shaking me, gently, "Come on..."

I finally decide to sit up and smile at him, "Yes, Obi?"

"You were awake this whole time!" He exclaims rubbing his forehead. "You pranked me!"

"Of course, we have to joke around sometimes." I say laughing, "We have an hour?"

"Well, 55 minutes now!" He exclaims sighing. "You get ready first."

I take his advice and I start getting ready. I go to the bathroom, have a shower, brush my teeth and put on my usual clothes.
Once I am done I assume Obi does the same thing.
Once he comes out we both head off to fetch the Younglings. Apparently they were in the dining area as we bumped into them.

"Hello, children!" I exclaim walking towards them, "Are we ready to make our lightsabers?"

"You're making one too?" A little boy asks, "Woah..."

"Yes, I am!" I say winking.

"Best we head off to the ship." Obi says gesturing for the children to follow him.

"This is so cool!" I hear one of the Younglings exclaim, "I cant believe we are making our lightsabers, with Lady (Y/n) and Master Kenobi!"

I chuckle at there comments, "Remember being as excited as you are!" I say looking back at the children.

"Yes, I remember too. It was the first time I met you." Obi says.

"It was too..." I look at the man, "I was the only one in my class to join the Gathering."

"Aww..." the students coo. "That's so cute!" One of the girls say.

I laugh and look back at the Younglings.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"You too are very famous with the Younglings." One of the boys say, "Especially the girls." He rolls his eyes as I laugh.

We soon board the ship and had off for the Gathering...