"Uhh, a squat?" I ask confused.

"A squad. My group, duh. You get to walk with us" she rolls her eyes looking at her nails and my eyebrows go up. A group...walk with them...that's so awesome. I can't believe someone is interested in talking to me let alone such a pretty girl and she even wants me, Jacob Park, to join her squad. I'm speechless and I don't think my brain is functioning.

"Thank you for the offer" I say trying to not sound too excited, but it doesn't work. I'm very stunned.

"Yeah, whatever...you're welcome, I guess. Anyways as I said we're friends, right? And we'll be helping each other out" she says reaching for both of my hands on the table and I move closer to her. "I want you to do something for me" she says smiling.

"I don-" I try pulling my hand away from her grasp when I hear that but she tightens her hold.

"I'm not finished, why are you rushing. I'm the one who's supposed to be impatient here. Someone as pretty as me shouldn't be talking to you...like at al" she goes which is absolutely right so I stay quiet and wait for her to be finished.

"Look you'll get to hang out with us and stuff like that if you help me out. You'll be invited to parties. You might even like one of the girls in our little circle" she says proudly. I've always wanted to get an invitation to those cool parties I hear students talk about in the hallways. It would be nice to go at least once.

"Uhm okay" I agree biting my bottom lip.

"Okay as in you'll help?" She asks and I nod.

"Great, I like you already" she says clapping her hands. "Okay so back to what I want you to do for me" she says scooting closer to the table.

"O-okay?" I say hoping she's serious about this whole squad thing. It will be disappointing if I do everything she wants and she just ditches me by the end of it. Walking around with them would actually make me look cool.

"W-what do you uhm...need help with" I question hoping that it won't be a hard task.

"Do you know Deshaun?" She asks and I frown in an instant.

What does this have to do with him.

"Your hot friend with the brown eyes. You guys have the same classes" she whispers.

"We're not friends" I let her know right away.

"Well, I heard that you guys hung out yesterday. You don't hang out with someone unless you are friends so what I want is his number" she says shrugging.

I did hang out with him and I went home bruised.

"Uhm...I don't have his number" I murmur and she stops gushing immediately.

"You don't?" She asks raising an eyebrow and I shake my head.

"Oh.....then I want you to get it for me. I could get it myself but I don't want him to think I'm obsessed, you know?" She says twirling with her hair and I sigh losing all hope of hanging out with her and her group of friends. I'm not on good terms with Deshaun at all and he'll beat me up for sure if I ask for his number.

"You will right? Because I kinda have to go. I can't stand sitting here, it's draining" she gets up wiping the back of her skirt.

"I-I don't think..."

"Thanks, see you next Monday. I'll save a spot for you. Just make sure you do it this weekend and we're good" she bats her eyelids and stroll away as soon as she's done leaving me there dumbfounded.

How am I going to get Deshaun's number...

~~~~

After school I decided to stop by at the coffee shop nearby for some donuts and the person standing behind the counter is none other than the girl I used to like. She's helping everyone with a smile plastered on her face while I stare at her, but I just can't feel anything at all so I sigh and approach the counter when it's my turn.

"Hi, how may I help you" she says with that bright smile on her face and I instantly get nervous. Not because of her though. I always get like this when I'm in public.

"D-donuts please" I stutter miserably.

"Amount?" She asks smiling.

"O-oh uhm, six" I say holding three fingers up making her confused. "Six" I say again and she laughs shaking her head. She probably thinks I'm stupid and slow so when she hands them to me, I hurry out without looking back. That was so embarrassing. I need to go home and hide in my room for the rest of my life.

I usually count my steps when I walk or make sure I don't step on the lines on the pavement so that's what I'm doing now while I make my way home and look up when I hear a car honk at me. I move to the side thinking that I accidently walked into the middle of the street, but I didn't so why is that car honking. I don't think too much of it and fasten my pace.

"Freak" I hear behind me when the car comes to a stop not too far from me and I curiously look to see Deshaun waving me over.

"Where you going" I hear him say when I continue to walk away. "So you can't talk anymore?" he goes on and I walk even faster. My heart starts racing when I hear the car door close behind me and then footsteps coming closer. I flinch when Deshaun reaches for my shoulder and he puts his hand up. How did he get to me so fast.

"I come in peace" he snorts.

"W-what do you want" I say turning away.

"Let me give you a ride" he says and I look at him. "It's just me, I ain't gonna hurt you" he says trying to convince me and I roll my eyes. Yeah, okay. The last time they called me to hang out, I went home in pain so I give him a not so convinced look and hesitate to decline his offer when my mind goes back to Abigail and everything she said. If I agree to the car ride, I might get his number.

"I apologize for yesterday aight? The boys didn't mean it" he says almost sincere as I look up at him.

"What about...uhm t-this morning" I manage to say thinking about what they did.

"You know how these niggas are, Park" he says kissing his teeth. I stand there looking at my way home and the car. If I blow this, I might not get such a chance to get his number again.

Am I seriously going to do this?

"You want the ride or not?" He asks with raised eyebrows while I contemplate about what I should do. Why am I like this...

I nod and follow him.

*****

What are your thoughts on

Jacob?

Abigail?

Deshaun?