Chapter 82: Snowing Blood

Começar do início

*

The sound of rustling ended my resting time, the slightly annoying noise forcing me to open my eyes to identify it's source. I turned around, seeing through fuzzy eyes as Hanji struggled to put on her thick coat.

"Hanji?" I croaked out, the brunette glancing up in surprise. "(Y/N)! Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up."

Hanji zipped up her coat all the way to the top of her neck, crouching down to get her backpack over her shoulder. "Who are you going with?"

"Mikasa," Hanji answered in a hurry as she fumbled with her mask. "Petra's agreed to go with Erwin, and since Erwin doesn't want to leave Levi alone, he's going with them, but on a slightly separated path."

Half of Hanji's words became muffled as she clasped the mask on and pulled up her hoodie, giving me a nod and a pat on my head as she passed me. "See ya later, (Y/N). Rest well. Call for Armin or Eren if you need something and they'll be right there."

I rolled my eyes, getting up from my bed and following her. "I'm not completely crippled Hanji, I can do things myself."

Hanji gave a suppressed laugh as we both made our way to the main room. Mikasa waited near the front door, her hand loosely placed on the handle. Petra stood beside Erwin with their heads lowered as they discussed their plans for the outing.

At the back, a little farther from everyone, stood Levi with his arms crossed. His gaze turned to me as I walked in the room, greeting me with his usual stoic eyes. Levi gave me a light nod to which I returned.

"Awake already, (Y/N)?" Erwin turned his attention to me, a warm smile gracing his features. "I take it Hanji was too loud?"

"Oh please," Hanji pulled her mask down briefly to defend herself from Erwin's further scolding. "No one can put on all this without making a single noise."

I shrugged, silently agreeing with her.

"I did." Mikasa looked at Hanji with a small smug smirk, a proud and challenging glint in her grey eyes. Hanji huffed loudly, shoving Mikasa from doorway and opening it, stomping outside. "Whatever. Let's get this over with."

"Was it a good idea to let them go together?" Petra asked amusedly, throwing a glance back at Erwin, who just chuckled. "Probably not, but they wanted to go together so who's stopping them."

I watched as the pair stepped out into the snow and began walking away, leaving Levi behind to take a slightly different route than them.

"Wait, what time are you guys coming back again? I wasn't told."

"Probably around sunset. Erwin wants us to finish everything as quickly as possible."

I nodded. "Right.... Too bad I can't help..."

Yeah, I can't just suddenly be up and exploring the mountain with an injury that is supposedly still pretty fresh.

"Hm. That's why you'll be staying here and resting. If you need help renewing bandages or whatever just call Armin. He's just as good as Petra."

"I... will."

Levi gave a sharp nod, brushing past me to go through the door. However, Levi was hesitant to leave the front porch. He looked back at me for a moment and suddenly blurted out, "Don't forget to eat."

I held back my laughter, covering my mouth with my hand as I nodded. "I won't. Stay safe."

"....Hm." I watched as Levi walked away into the snowy planes through the window, eventually disappearing in the fog. I retreated from the window, wondering when everything will be over and imagining what would it be like when we returned.