New Year New Love

A/N yaaay 2016 ... hopefully this year won't suck.
Originally suppose to be last year but I was late so... Here's a one shot to start the year off.

Question: do you have a New Years resolution? Mine is to not procrastinate so much and to spend more time on art and writing :)
Not edited; Sorry for mistakes
~~~~~
"Hey guys! Glad you could make it!" Maka smiled. She opened the door to reveal Black Star and Tsubaki.

Black Star chuckled and smirked. "It's not gonna be a great year if the great Black Star isn't around to bless you all." Maka sighed.

"Sure. Whatever."

Tsubaki quietly apologized to Maka. Black Star went to Soul and Kid. Other Miesters and their weapons were along with them.

The party went great. Hours going by to finish off the year and start anew. The only little problem was a confession.

Soul had fallen for his miester, Maka. (-gasp- shocker) He told himself earlier in the year to confess but he couldn't do it. He had to do this now. It's the only was to not have this huge regret.

"Oh my god! Everyone look!" Patti screamed. She pointed excitedly at the tv. An artist was finishing up their song and went back to the show host. Everyone gathered around to watch the small screen.

"This is it! Just one more minute until midnight." The camera faced towards the countdown. Soul panicked. Already? It went by that fast?

Maka was enchanted by the clock. Soul grabbed her arm and lead her outside.

"Woah! Hey! Soul! What was that?! The countdown just started!" Soul covered her mouth and didn't look her in the eye.

"Just wait." Maka blinked and took his hand off her mouth.

"O-...okay.."

Think Soul. Think.

"So uh," He gulped. "What's your New Years resolution?" Idiot.

Maka shuffled her feet. "Nothing important, really. What about you?" She asked.

"Uh, see um.."

"10!" They looked back.

"9!" Go for it!

"8!" Soul looked at Maka.

"7!" Maka stared back at Soul. "What?"

"6!" He walked towards her.

"5!" She had to look up a bit to look at his face.

"4!"

"3!"

"Hey Maka.. " Soul trailed off.

"2!"

"Yeah?" Soul intertwined his fingers with hers as the clock was ticking to the new year.

"1!"

"My new year resolution is to be yours." Maka blinked twice before smiling warmly at him, giving his hand a squeeze and leaning her forehead against his.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

The clock hit midnight claiming the brand new year and the celebration has begun. The sound from the party was blocked by the two that were outside, who were only busy looking at each other.

Maka got on her tip toes as she snaked her arms up to Soul neck and kissed him. He held her waist and brought her closer. They turned their heads to get better access. Both pulled away with short breaths.

Maka whispered. "That's mine too."

•••••

Happy 2016! (Even though I still have like3 more hours left until January 1st) Tell me your resolutions in the comments if you like! (☞゚ヮ゚)☞