I NEED YOU

Don't question me.

Warning: sadness (?), depression, slight suicide, death.

If these topics are sensitive/triggering to you, please don't read this. Thank you.

~I NEED YOU, GIRL~

Soul and Maka were happy. Maka finally agreed to go out with Soul and he couldn't be happier now. She loved him and he loved her. What more could he ask for---

Thunk

Soul fell off his bed and continued to lie on the cold wooden floor. Another dream, huh? Should've know this relationship wasnt gonna go well. He sat up and ran his fingers through his albino hair. He rubbed his crimson eyes with one hand and grabbed his phone with the other. He checked for any messages from Maka but of course, there were none. Soul clenched his jaw.

"Just tell me we should break up already

I don't have the heart to leave you..."

He sighed. He looked around his room, an old motel with the wallpaper peeling from the walls, and the stiff matress he earlier fell from. He walked towards the bathroom and took a good look at himself in the mirror.

His red eyes had no glow in them and dark bags could be seen. His hair was messy, not combed for days, and his grey shirt was stained with dirt and ripped holes in them.

How did he turn out like such a bum?

Maka

That name sound so familiar yet so foreign. That name that caused his pain and confusion. He hated her but deeply felt love sick for her. They were dating but he felt one-sided.

"Is it really okay for you to play with my heart?"  He asked himself. He received no answer.

"I'm tired, this sucks..."

He turned on the faucet, cool water dripping out. He opened the cabinet and took out some pills. They're running out but he has another 4 bottles waiting for him. He opened the bottle cap and took out 7 pills. He swallowed one after the other, tap water helping it go down easier. He sighed, placed the cap back on and put it back in the cabinet.

"What time is it?" He walked out the bathroom and back in his room, to look at the digital clock.

12:48 A.M.

Soul cussed under his breath.

"It's late. Does this have to happen every night? I'm like a damn owl or something."

He changed into black pants and black converse and kept the shirt. He then wore his black hoodie and put the hood over his head.

He went out.

~YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING~

Soul shoved his hands in his hoodie pocket staring blankly at the cement floor beneath him. He thought about how distant Maka had been since their first date. He showed his sharp teeth he thought she loved. He craved her, more than anything. He wished he never knew her. At the same time he wished she would stay in his life.

"I don't want to be heartbroken." He thought.

"She made me feel happy, I thought I did the same to her."

Lost in his thoughts, two guys bumped into him by accident. Soul was completely frozen and zoned out, he didn't notice and kept walking. Those two thugs took it as offense and grabbed his shoulder roughly.

One of them threw him into an ally and Soul caught himself before he could trip. Before he could compose himself, one thug pushed him to a metal wall and wrapped his hand around Souls neck. Soul quickly removed the guys hand, avoiding to be choked.

"I don't want to do this..." Soul muttered weakly. The two thugs chuckled bitterly at him and they cornered him.

"You made a mistake, now we have to punish you, brat."

The second thug swung a fist to Souls face, knocking him slightly to his right side and his hood fell off his head. The first thug then kneed Soul in the face rather harshly, making Soul throw his head back and hit the metallic wall behind him.

Breathing for a slight second,  Soul already had a bruse on his bottom lip and could already feel the blood oozing out his nose.

The second thug took his arm and threw him across the ally, making Souls back hit contact with a brick wall. Soul could've sworn he heard his back crack.

Soul slid to the ground feeling tired from those pills he took. The first thug kicked Soul with the base of his shoe on the side of Souls head. Soul was then knocked to the side and the two thugs continued to beat Soul by kicking him in the stomach and head.

Eventually, they both thought he learned his lesson so they kicked dirt at him and his face before spitting insults at him and walking away. It took a few minutes, but Soul moved from his spot and got up carefully. He felt incredibly numb so he didn't really feel all the punches but he didn't fail to notice the red falling from his face.

Shaking, he got up and wiped the blood away from the corner of his mouth and right nostril. He put his hood back on his head and headed out the ally, as if nothing happened.

~WHY CANT I LEAVE YOU?~

As Soul is walking, he doesn't really pay attention were he's going. He checked his pockets, trying to look for his phone but nothing. He had to checked if Maka called or texted him. The highest possibility is that she didn't. Now he had to go back home. Staring at the cement again letting the blood paint the floor by itself.

Soul continued to walk and walk, lost in his own thoughts and questions. He didn't seem to notice the honking and screams until he saw a light to his left and realized it was two lights. He stood and stared at the lights, mouth slightly open. The lights got closer and closer until...

----------------------

His eyes opened slightly and saw that there was a bright light.

"Turn it off..." He weakly pleaded.

"It hurts..."  He heard sirens and screams. He was held by someone. He looked up and tried to figure out who it was. He couldn't make it out but it was a woman. He then saw Maka.

"Sir! Sir, are you okay? Are you still conscious?"  The woman wailed.

"Maka..." He whispered.

"Maka...I'm....I'm right here..." He smiled.

"I'm okay Maka...."

"The ambulance is coming! Just hold on sir! Oh my God..."

Soul looked straight up and saw the stars. The light was getting brighter and he squinted his eyes. He finally closed them and saw a smiling Maka. With the breath he was losing, he spoke,

"I'm sorry...

I love you...

Forgive me..."

~I HATE YOU~

--------------------

This probably made no sense. Oh well!