𝐓𝐖𝐎 MEMORIES

Start from the beginning

"Move out!" A muffled voice said, a group of army men circled her aiming their guns at her. "That won't be needed." Another voice stated, a black collar open in his hands and once close enough, he clicked it around her neck, pressing a single button turning it on, the glow around her became to dim until all that was left was the whiteness of her skin and the blueness of her eyes, she looked up, tears running down her face. "Who are you?" She snarled in Russian. "Oh my dear... My name is Alexander Luther" The young man replied as he crouched down to her level, he looked to be in his 20s, bold head and a wicked smile.

Maeve snarled, but that snarl soon turned into a shriek as a surge of electricity ran from the collar to the skin of her neck causing her to grasp the collar, before the pain stopped she was left panting still on all fours.

A soldier grabbed her arm and forced her to stand, causing her to try and pull her arm from his hold not caring of the pain he was inflicting on her. "Clean this up... this town never existed." Lex command and men began falling out, two of the group, each grabbed the mother and father causing her to scream in Russian. "Mama, papa! No! Let me go you big elephant!" She screamed trying to pull herself free with all of her might. "Sedate her." The bold man stated bluntly as he walked passed them and the last thing she saw was the butt of a gun getting thrown into her head.

Maeve gasped awake; she began to sob hysterically, the buidling begins to shake and the walls in the condo begin to crack open. "Garfield!" She yelled from her room, the tears falling down her cheeks faster than she could produce them, she began to hyperventilate, her breath not regulating as she continued to cry, her face red and sore. Her mouth cramping up and her vision blurred, she pulls her knees to her chest as she sobs, flashes begin to burn into her mind.

The six year old was on a table, an uncomfortable one, her head, hands, legs and waist strapped in with metal bars, keeping her in place as they injected her with different serums, while another took blood. "Its okay Maeve, it will be over soon." a woman said stroking her head. "I want to go home." The blonde cried, flinching as another needle was forced into her skin. "Soon." She replied. "I want to go home now!" She screamed loudly, the building began to shake, the metal restrains around her began to creek as she attempted to will them to break or bend.

Maeve sobbed harder as the flashes all came together, it was her past, all that bad things that had happened to her, the things she wanted to forget she now remembered and she wished she didn't, she burred her head into her hands, shaking her head, her breaths becoming more jagged, the tears that leaked form her eyes did not slow nor did they stop, they continued, she did not know a human could produce this much tears.

"My little angle." A soft angelic voice, it was dark, before light came into the picture, her sight was blurred for a moment before adjusting, seeing a woman with dark brown hair and sharp facial features. "Where going to the fair today... for your birthday, remember?" The woman said with a smile, her eyes completely innocent, as if she would ever hurt a fly. "Yes, mama... I remember." The child's voice said, laughing in a high pitch. "What are my girls conspiring without me?" The picture moved to a blonde man leaning against the door frame. "Hey baby girl." He said in Russian.

Maeve didn't feel the arms embrace her for she was too far lost in her own memories. "I killed them." She sobbed. "They loved me, and I killed them." She said softly as she leaned into Garfield embrace as he tried to calm her down. "I don't even remember their names." She said softly into Garfield's arm as she gripped into it, her face leaning against his bicep. "Is she okay?" Maeve didn't even look up she continued to cry into Garfield. "She's fine." He snapped harsher than needed towards Rachel. Ignoring Jason and Dick who were also at the girls door. Rachel could sense her emotions and she knew it this was Garfield's territory, not hers, she knew Garfield would always protect her, she knew that Maeve was completely vulnerable, and the girl that always protected everyone needed protecting in this moment.