27. Riesling and Dolcetto

Start from the beginning

There is one thing that Jisoo has but Seungyeon doesn't; Jisoo always seems weak.

Jonghyun doesn't need to protect Seungyeon because she is strong, but that man will always protect herself because she is weak.

Right now, Jisoo doesn't care about the physical injuries she got from Daehyun, the most important thing is that Jonghyun will return to her. Jonghyun will again be her. That is the only belief she holds.

***

Seungyeon once again tidied her hair that she had broken down as usual, then she looked down, smoothed a long navy dress below her knees, then saw a pair of Givenchy designed shoes with five centimeter heels adorning her feet, making her look even more level. She hopes her appearance tonight looks more presentable than usual.

The girl is now sitting in one of the chairs that had been ordered in a five-star hotel restaurant, waiting for Jonghyun to come. She hasn't seen her lover since she went to Busan, but suddenly this morning, Jonghyun called to say that tonight, the night of new year, he wanted a romantic dinner in a beautiful place.

When Jonghyun told the location of the hotel located in Sinsa-dong, Seungyeon proposed to meet in a place, because she did not want Jonghyun to turn back and forth from Gangnam-gu across the Han river to Hannam-dong and back again to Sinsa-dong. Even though that guy doesn't mind doing it but considering it's the night of the New Year and it's certain the road is jammed, Seungyeon can't bear it.

Seungyeon looked at the Han river which looks more sparkling than usual, it's good that Jonghyun booked a table next to a large window so ahe could clearly see the view from that height while enjoying Riesling little by little.

The two of them promised to meet at nine in the evening, and at this time the tiny wrist that coiled around Seungyeon's wrist had already shown at nine-thirty at night, but Jonghyun hadn't arrived. Though usually he is never late. The man is disciplined, on time, why is this so late? Is it because of the traffic jam? The distance from Gangnam-gu to Sinsa-dong only takes about thirty minutes.

The waiter approaches Seungyeon and asks if she wants the drink to be added or not because the glass is almost empty. With a friendly smile, Seungyeon nodded in agreement, and the waiter refilled her glass with the same drink.

Starting to feel worried, Seungyeon finally took the cellphone out of the bag and made a call. She was patient when she heard the connecting tone from across there, but Jonghyun's voice was not heard until the connecting tone stopped. Where did that guy can't even answer the phone? Again, Seungyeon repeated the call. But the result was zero, Jonghyun didn't pick up the phone. Finally she sent several messages to ask where the man is now.

***

Minutes passed, the night was getting late and Seungyeon was still sitting there with her wine glass that kept filling. Increasingly more and more pathetic, a beautiful woman sitting in a luxury restaurant alone, waiting for her lover who did not arrive. Honestly, Seungyeon is getting annoyed. The mood is broken. Dozens of phones were not picked up, dozens of messages were not answered. It is now less than two hours, the year will change. But she doesn't want to leave yet, still hoping the man named Lee Jonghyun will come.

"Excuse me, Miss, would you like to order something? Or a new wine?"

Seungyeon turned to the servant standing beside her and smiled, "I'm still waiting for someone. Just wine, please."

"This is our special red wine for tonight." The waiter poured their special red wine into a new glass. "Please enjoy."

"Thank you."

Fortunately, Seungyeon can still control her emotions and expressions no matter how upset she is at the moment. Sighing heavily, she took a sip of the red wine earlier, closed her eyes for a moment to enjoy the bitterness of alcohol passing through the throat. Hm, it tastes a little different, even though Seungyeon is sure to have drunk the exact same type of wine before; Dolcetto. It should taste sweeter and not too thick. Or was it because she had drunk quite a lot of Riesling before? She have no idea.

What is clear, not long time later, her eyes felt heavier. Her legs and hands felt weak, and her head seemed to spin. Is she drunk? But it was not usual for the girl to get drunk because of a few glasses of wine whose alcohol content was not even seventy percent. Trying to stay focused, Seungyeon looked at her watch, wanting to know what time it was but her eyes began to dizzy, out of control.

"Where's Jonghyun oppa !?" Only that which had been in her head.

Before the dizziness became more intense, Seungyeon decided to go to the toilet for a while, hoping that washing her face with cold water would make it better. But when she just woke up from her seat, she almost fell if there were no hands holding her arms.

"Are you drunk?"

Seungyeon narrowed her eyes, trying hard to see who the owner of the hand was. Vaguely, she could see the face of a man in front of her. Also, she could smell perfume from the suit the man was wearing. And Seungyeon was sure she had smelled the same scent before. A strong masculine scent, one that she doesn't like because it's not soothing.

"Choi Daehyun-ssi?"

***