Chapter 6 | Nerf wars it is

Start from the beginning

"Wrong move" I told Grayson before firing at him emptying the whole gun.

I made sure to hit him a few times in the face trying to ruin his perfect face.

The satisfied look on my face disappeared when I was out and it was Grayson who gave me an amused grin.

"Run Hazel!" Anne yelled directed at me as she started firing the bullets at him.

I thanked Anne and ran for my life, somehow Grayson closely behind me. It was like in a slow motion batman movie where he was invincible to it.

"Go Hazel!" I heard Ryan yell as I opened the front door and ran out to the front lawn a few security guards giving me weird glances.

I only hoped this didn't look sketchy and they wouldn't shoot me or something.

That was the least of my worries as a strong arm grabbed onto my waist and pulled me into him. I tried to wiggle free from Grayson's grip but it was no use since he was too strong,

He started tickling me which has to be my biggest weakness.

I tried gasping for air as he continued to torture me.

"Ok! I-I'm so-sorry" I gasped out.

He stopped as he let me go and I tumbled onto the ground now lying on my back and breathing in the much needed air.

He gave me an amused look. "Who would've thought Hazel Mae's weakness was being tickled"

I gave him a small glare as I looked at him with a cheeky grin. "So this was the reason you dressed so nicely for?" I asked my eyes raking over her suit. "To play nerf wars?"

I was never going to let this go. It's just too good blackmail material.

He instantly denied it. "No. I told you I have something important on" he tried justifying himself.

And it would be helpful knowing exactly what it was but if not, I'd start coming up with my own explanations.

"Sure Collins, Nerf wars it is"

He took a threatening stance. "Don't test me Hazel, I know what your weakness is" He smiled.

I instantly raised my hands in surrender. "No I'm sorry!"

A throat cleared rather loudly as I noticed a man standing a few feet away from us. Everything about him screamed professional and cunning with his black suit and sharp features. He looked to be mid forties and stared at both of us with blank stares.

"Grayson  you ready?" He asked.

He nodded a cold look overtaking him. 

He noticed my presence and held out his hand to me. "I'm Brent" He said in a serious business manner tone.

I stood up and shook his hand with a warm smile. "I'm Hazel, Grayson's classmate"

He nodded and started walking off. "That mother of yours better be ready when I step inside"

We both watched his retreating figure as he walked inside the house.

"Well he's-" I started.

"Intense, cold"Grayson finished my sentence.

"I was going to say nice" I raised a brow at Grayson.

I laughed. "Your mum is going to be in some deep trouble"

He waved it off. "My mum is dad's soft spot. He never seems to get angry at her and when he does, they always seem to get over it in a matter of minutes"

I smiled. "So your aunt that you talk about must be you dads sister?" I asked.

He shook his head to much of my surprise. "Nope, she's my mums sister"

My jaw dropped.

The serious aunt is his mum's sister? 

"What? I haven't met this aunt but they seem like polar opposite. What else do I need to know about this family?" I asked.

He gave me an honest look. "That's it, it's just us four"

A voice suddenly popped out of nowhere, as if I haven't received enough surprises for the day.

"Just us four? I'm deeply hurt brother"

I turned around to see another Grayson standing a few feet away wearing a khaki shirt and a loose pair of jeans. Sunglasses were perched on his nose and he had a look of vacation and calm. Instead he had brown eyes and long brown hair that was pulled into a man bun. 

I turned back to Grayson crossing my arms over my chest. "Just you four huh?" 

He shrugged with an annoyed look. "He's adopted"

××

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to update, school can be very time consuming. Anyway thoughts on the chapter? Especially Grayson playing nerf wars, who would have thought. And the mystery Grayson look alike.

Updating hopefully soon.

Remember to comment and vote.

- Ash. 

Playing CupidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara