Chapter 8

"No! You can't make me!" I shouted, clawing at the sand and kicking my feet to get away from Trey.

"It's just water!" Trey exclaimed.

"I don't know how to surf!" I cried back.

We had decided to put Abbey's plan about traveling around the world with our newfound magical abilities into action. We had sat around one day at my father's flat and tried to figure out where we should go, but we all ended up arguing in the end. Abbey suggested drawing straws and then picking a place in order of longest to shortest straw. I, of course, got the shortest one, which meant that my choice of travel destination would be last. Lance, on the other hand, got the longest one, and his choice was to go to Australia. So that's where we were now: on the beaches in Sydney.

"We can teach you!" Lance said.

"Hell to the no," I said, finally managing to break free of Trey's strong grip. I blushed for the millionth time as my eyes got a full view of Trey's glistening and toned body. Why was I getting so embarassed? I saw Trey shirtless all the time.

"Just leave her alone. Can't you see she badly needs to work on her tan?" Abbey asked, stretching on her beach blanket by my feet. Lance and Trey snorted and I kicked sand onto her, making her squeal. "Hey!" she yelled.

"Oh, stuff your face in the sand," I grumbled. "Let's go surf," I said to the boys. Lance and Trey punched the air victoriously.

"You have to get a suit first," Lance said.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked, indicating my bikini.

"You'll kill yourself," Trey said.

"You guys are being ridiculous," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure they won't let you rent out a surfboard unless you have a suit," Lance pointed out. I stomped in the sand.

"All right, all right! I'll buy a damned suit!" I exclaimed.

"You don't have to get all worked up about it," Lance said. I sent him a glare.

"Where's the shop?" I asked. Lance pointed to the boardwalk at a shop that had a surfboard on top of it. "Hmmm, fitting," I said, in regards to the decor of the shop.

I began treading my way through the sand towards the shop.

"Hey! Wait up! I'll come, too," Trey said, following me.

"I think I am more than capable of buying a suit for myself," I said.

"So? You don't know what kind of board you need," he replied.

"Where did you even learn how to surf? You live in New York," I said.

"We have a vacation house in California," he replied with a shrug of his broad shoulders.

"You have one in Georgia, too," I said.

"I think we've already established that my father is filthy rich," he said bluntly.

"So, surfing, huh? What else don't I know about you? Have you also been to the moon?" I asked. Trey chuckled, his multi-colored eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

"No, but that sounds like a good idea," he said. "Maybe I'll choose the moon for my vacation idea," he said with a smirk.

"I'll probably opt out on that trip, then," I said as we reached the shop. We opened the door to be blasted by a gust of cool air. "Merlin, it's cold in here," I said, shivering.

"Look at what you're wearing. You could have at least put your cover-up on," Trey said, shaking his head at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and then made my way over to where the suits were hanging.