The demon lurking in the city

[PoV: Reader]

" Muichiro! Muichiro! Where have you gone?! Caw! "
A crow with a bow approached the young man carrying a basket, and scolded him for getting lost.

" ...Sorry. Can you tell me where the next mission is? "
He apologized, and afterwards asked for the mission he was tasked.

" Caw! Caw! In the city! To the east! To the east! A demon is dressing like a human! It's eating humans as a human!! "

The feminine-like crow announced to Muichiro, and left. Muichiro started to walk his way towards the said city. He was halfway there, but the night has already arrived, the boy decided to rest in an abandoned shrine. The demon girl he was carrying went out of the basket, her appearance turned to her normal size again.

Muichiro took his blade and guarded himself from the demon, thinking that she might attack him. But the demon didn't do anything, and instead she ripped a cloth from her yukata, and gave it to Muichiro.

" Use..co..cover.. mouth. Don't.. want.. eat.. you. "

She said, Muichiro took the peace of cloth, and did what the demon said. He was surprised the demon would order him to do this, to avoid her hurting him.

The girl now has a piece of cloth covering her mouth, and cannot speak anymore. Muichiro laid down at the wooden floor again, and turned to his left. He still held the sword in his left hand, and didn't want to let his guard down. And, after a while, Muichiro ended up sleeping through the night. The demon girl approached the sleeping demon slayer, and caressed his hair. She didn't sleep, and decided to guard him throughout the night.

The next day, Muichiro continued his travel, bringing along the demon girl again. They reached the city and it was already sunset, and once the sun has fully set, Muichiro took the demon girl outside. They walked through the crowded city, for that's where the demon could possibly ambush a human. But they didn't encounter a demon there, but a peculiar man with a white fedora and a black suit.

Muichiro didn't notice him, but it was the demon girl who felt hostility towards the man. She recognised him, he had the characteristics of the monster who killed her family. She knew this man was responsible for the death of her family, and as well as turning her into a demon.
The demon separated herself from Muichiro and chased the man. As soon as she got closer, she planned to kick the man in the back. But when he turned around, the demon girl was shocked, when she saw the man carrying a child.

She was taken aback, for she was certain that the man behind her is the monster that slaughtered her family. He wasn't a man that carried around a child with his wife clinging to him. She thought it was absurd, and impossible to be true.

The little girl cried in terror, when she saw how bloody and wounded the demon girl was. The man with the fedora reacted to his 'daughter' crying, and caught the attention of all the people passing by. They looked at the wounded and bloody demon girl, who was trembling with rage.

Surrounded by many humans, she was also resisting the temptation of eating them. In the distance, somebody called for the police, thinking that she might've hurt the little girl.

The demon was apprehended by the police, she didn't fight back, she didn't want to become like the demon who killed her family. They uncovered the cloth covering her mouth, and revealed that she has sharp fangs.

" ...what the?! She has sharp teeth?! She's a monster !! " The policeman shouted, that time, a woman from the distance heard the policeman shout, and came to check out what is happening.

" Leave her to me. " She passed by the concerned citizens, and stood in front of the policemen apprehending the demon girl.

" Stay back! This girl is dangerous! " The policeman pushed away the woman, but she insisted to stay and take the demon girl away.

" I'm a doctor, that girl is one of my patients. "

She claims, making the policemen put their trust into her. They let go of the girl and moved away from the scene. The demon girl stood back up, and looked at the woman in front of her.

" Don't worry, little one.. "

She reached out her hand to the demon girl, who was reminded of her mother when she saw her appearance. She politely bowed her head to the woman, and felt safe with her.

" My name is Doremi, and you can trust me. "