Nodding with a smile, Liechtenstein answers, "Yes. It's very interesting !"

"Hm. However, there are always wars, conflicts, tensions around the world. The leaders, our bosses, were at times decent, but other times they were using their position to abuse their power. It always happened and will keep happening, we can't do anything about it." Taking in a deep breath as some dark memories from his past come back to him, Switzerland resumes, "One day, I decided to make my country neutral, and established the Swiss neutrality, by signing the Treaty of Paris." Writing down more notes, he asks Liechtenstein, "Remember the year ?"

"Oh, hum..." Thinking for a second, she quickly answers, "1815 !"

Writing that year as well, he nods and puts down the chalk to continue. "Shortly after that treaty was signed, there were many important meetings between all the countries. Some of them have been searching for a solution to keep the Books somewhere else."

"Why ?"

"As I said before, the Books are not safe between the hands of some leaders, especially during hard times or wars. They would go out of their way to achieve their plans. Since the Libraries were in the capitals and under the governments' control, corruptions, experiments and such were commonplace."

"Oh, I see..." she answers, quietly. She never liked when those people, expected to protect and care about their citizens, would do illegal and immoral things behind their backs.

"So, I was saying... some were searching for ideas to keep them somewhere else. When my country became neutral, they immediately thought about gathering all the Books here. Sure, it was risky, it had its pros and cons. That's why it took many years, and a lot of meetings, before the final decision was taken in 1837."

Counting in her head while her big brother was writing that date on the board, she says after a moment, "22 years ! That is a lot..."

Humming in agreement, he resumes, "In 1837, it was decided that all the Books would be moved here. The Library started to be built, and after a while the first Books were sent here. It took a pretty long time once again, but eventually, all the existing Books in the world were finally gathered here, in 1852."

"15 years !" she says, after counting.

"Yes. It took us a total of around 37 years to achieve it."

"You must feel proud, it's a big honour to have the world's Library in your country !" she says, happily.

Blushing slightly at her comment, Switzerland answers, looking away. "Hm, yes." Glancing at the board to see what he'll say next, he coughs in his fist and goes back to the lesson. "Now, since you told me you're not very familiar with the Books, I'll remind you the basic knowledge before talking about the new things."

"Aw, thank you !"

After erasing the board, he starts explaining. "Everyone has their own Book. They're created when a human is born. You and me have a Book too. We're not exactly humans, but we're not exceptions."

Nodding, Liechtenstein keeps listening attentively.

"A Book represents its owner's life. If you open it, you can read about every event, every thought, every single thing they've said during their life, narrated like a real story. However, that story is not written to the end."

"Oh, really ?"

"All the text appears on the blank pages as time goes by. The Books contain only the past life of their owners, meaning you can't read your future in them."

"Hm, I didn't know that..."

"Do you understand everything so far ?"

Liechtenstein nods with a smile, waiting for Switzerland to tell her more.

"Good. When it was decided that the Books would be moved here, some rules had to be established as well. It's better to know them by heart." After saying it, he writes a small "1" on the board for the first rule, as well as the rule itself as he says it out loud. "Rule number 1, everyone must have a Book."

When Switzerland started to write, Liechtenstein took the small copybook she carries with her for the lessons, in case she needs to write down important things, and copies the rules to learn them later.

"Rule number 2, it is forbidden to erase, alter, or write in the Book of any individual in any case. In case of mental conditions, incurable by traditional medicine, only doctors with the government's permission may erase or alter an individual's past." Without turning away from the board he adds, "I know them by heart from experience, but I'll shorten them for you. You don't need to know it word to word." After saying it, he writes down the rule in a few words. "Rule number 3, it is banned to remove any page out of any Book, for any reason, no exceptions."

A little confused, Liechtenstein asks, "Why is it allowed to write on the pages, but not remove them ?"

"I'll explain later."

"Okay." she says calmly, still writing the previous rules.

"Rule number 4, it is forbidden to eliminate, partially or completely, any Book of any individual." After he's done, he puts down the chalk and turns to Liechtenstein. "Those are the rules. Everyone must follow them." Waiting for her to finish writing, he stands silent beside the board, before erasing it. "Now, for the next part I'll tell you more about each rule, but we won't do it here."

Tilting her head to the side, Liechtenstein questions him, "Why ?"

"I'll take you to visit the Library. There I will explain you everything."

Clasping her hands together out of happiness, she says in a cheerful tone, "Ooh, that's a wonderful idea ! Thank you so much big brother !"

While he's putting everything away, Switzerland takes the board and starts rolling it towards his house after quickly telling her, "Now go prepare, we'll go as soon as you're ready."