xlvi.

(Now we all know this isn't Queen Sosha Soruna of Naboo, and that she wouldn't be the queen in Ben's generation, but imagination is a powerful thing i promise.)

Thea's POV

"Greetings, Thea. So lovely to see you again. Are you here on business?" Queen Sosha Soruna of Naboo asked me. I bowed to her, motioning for Ben to do the same, before responding.

"Luckily, no. As you know, the Resistance has just won the war. My fiancé and I were looking for an escape for a few weeks, and with his bloodline I'd like to show him his... grandmother's favorite place," I explained, noticing Ben trying not to smile when I called him my fiancé. She hummed, moving her head slightly to the side to see the man practically trying to hide behind me.

 She hummed, moving her head slightly to the side to see the man practically trying to hide behind me

"And do you come here as Kylo Ren or Ben Solo?" she asked with a raised brow. Ben and I knew Soruna since we were kids, so she knows the story and difference, always rooting for his redemption.

"Ben Solo, Queen Soruna," he muttered quietly, briefly making eye contact, since he was uncomfortable with the whole Kylo Ren situation. We had the talk that it's all not going to magically disappear, but if he works hard he can be on the road to redemption and try to make things right one day.

"I see," she said with a small smile, "Good to have you back, Prince of Aldreraan." She did that on purpose, and I had to hide the smirk that appeared. "Queen Amidala's lake house is reserved for only family in her honor, and seeing as we have you back to normal, I welcome you to stay there."

"Thank you, your majesty," I said before we bowed again and took our leave.

--------------

The Gondola docked at the lake house, and Ben stepped out first before offering me his hand. What a gentleman. Someone had already taken up our luggage, so we went straight to the steps leading up to the door.

"This is it," I told Ben as we stopped at the front entrance. I could see he was a little hesitant about entering. It's going to take him awhile to get used to being himself again, and I will be there through every step of the way.

"I guess so," he sighed, watching as I pushed the doors open. I made a step towards the door when Ben stopped me. I gave him a questioning look when he smiled down at me. "Wait, I've always wanted to do this."

"What do you m-" I shrieked as he lifted me in his arms, stepping over the threshold into our home. He's usually supposed to do that after we're married, but I wasn't going to tell him that. I giggled as he brought me through the house, and put me down in the archway that leads out to the balcony.

"I love you so much, Thea," he sighed as he stared down at me with a huge smile on his face and I smiled. We've waited so long to be together like this again, and I will let nothing come between us again. We proved his family legacy wrong. It's not a pattern. He finished what Anakin couldn't... He saved me. "I can't wait to be your husband tomorrow."