CH. 11

____

Two Weeks Ago, Mari and Hitoshi's Meeting

The sun beamed through the large windows, casting Mari's shadow onto the wall on the other side of her. The U.A halls were deserted from it being so late in the day and the purple haired girl couldn't be more glad. It made the job of telling Shinso Hitoshi the truth much more easier.

But the halls didn't seem as empty as she thought they were.

"Hey," A male's voice called from the right of her, pulling her from her daydreams. Mari's head turned to where the sound came from and made eye-contact with a student she hadn't seen before.

The boy's eyes examined her then stopped when they reached her face. "Can I help you?" Mari asked uninterested while he smirked and began to walk closer. Not wanting to deal with someone, she proceeded to continue on her way out of the school.

"I have a question!" The brunette followed her and went to grab her wrist. His fingers wrapped around the pale skin tightly before turning Mari around to look at him. "Have I seen you before? You look familiar."

The brown eyed student's hand shook to keep her Quirk in control, hating the feeling of his hand on her skin. "I'm in Class 1-A, now could you let go? I have somewhere to be." She answered with anger clear in her voice.

"Oh, you're in that class," The boy hissed out the name with jealousy lacing his words. Mari tried pulling her wrist out of the harsh grip but it only seemed to tighten as he grew angrier. "The class full of arrogant jerks who want to be heroes."

Mari glared at him, not liking his tone of voice when he spoke about her classmates. "Yet I'm sure you tried applying for it, right? You guys are all the same." She obliviously instigated the boy, her feet moving her backwards to try and get away from him.

"How's that, 1-A trash?" He questioned making her chuckle at the childish insult, his hand squeezing her wrist and effectively silencing her.

Clenching her fist, Mari shook her head at him. "You all want one thing: To be like the God amongst Men, All Might, but I fail to see how you are anything like him." She growled before footsteps coming down the hall cut their little exchange.

Their heads turned to look at who it was, seeing the gravity-defying indigo hair walking closer to them. Mari smirked at the familiar looking student and looked back to the brunette keeping her there.

"Just in time." She remarked making him glance at her from the corner of his eye. Hitoshi stopped when he seen the two of them, noticing the tight grip the boy had on the girl's wrist and the color of her hand changing from white to purple.

His dark purple eyes hardened, "What are you doing?" Hitoshi asked, smiling darkly when the brunette male fell for the trick.

"Nothing, we were just--" Mari watched as the boy's eyes went blank when Hitoshi used his Quirk to brainwash the malicious student. Mari raised her free hand and, with her hand shaking from her powers, she managed to peel his stiff hand off of her wrist.

"You were just leaving." Hitoshi ordered and the brunette walked away with a blank stare and stiff posture. The two stared at his uniform covered back as he continued down the hall, looking to each other when he disappeared and Hitoshi let him free.