Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Sir I don't think I'm allowed to give you information of who is on what flight. That's like terrorism threats or sumthin."

I let out a deep breath. "Tina," I began, folding my hands in front of her desk. "I just need to know what gates the flights are departing from. Simple as that."

She gave me a once over, heavily makeuped eyes judging my appearance before she began clicking away on her computer for a minute or so.

I tapped my foot anxiously. Sam's flight could be taking off as we speak! And knowing him, he wouldn't pick up my any of my calls, considering his wolf really did not enjoy my presence.

"Tina!" I shouted after a few more seconds, my brain about to explode from my thoughts of the blue-eyed boy and my need to see him. "My boyfriend is on one of those flights, about to leave for who knows how long, and I need all the time I can get to convince him to stay. So please," I breathed, exasperated. "Please, tell me what gate he's at. Please."

Tina pursed her lips yet again, glanced down at her computer, then up at me, a little too sassily for my liking. "There's one LAX departure leaving in 5 minutes," she said, pulling out a pen just as my heart inflated. "Here," she said, handing me what looked like a boarding pass. "Take this and go. Terminal A gate 10."

It took everything in me not to leap across the computer and kiss her. So I yanked the pass out of her hand and full out sprinted towards Terminal A, praying to god they would let me through security.

And as I flew past the TSA Pre sign, practically throwing my quasi-boarding pass in a security officer's face, I did indeed send a prayer to the man upstairs when no one stopped me, that is, until I reached his gate.

Sam, or who I thought was Sam, was on line outside of the gate, handing a flight attendant his boarding pass. All I did was whisper his name, keeling over my knees with exhaustion and heavy breathing that told me I really needed to work out more often.

He turned to face me, his neck slowly drifting in my direction, as if he was wondering if he had heard anything at all. His ice-cold wolf eyes drifted all over the busy terminal, never landing on me, and I didn't have the energy to call his name again. If his eyes were Sam's, maybe I would have.

The balloon of hope inside my chest that had formed when I saw him was starting to deflate. His wolf would never listen to me. He would never come home. But then our eyes locked.

As his orbs dimmed and flashed a calm ocean blue, I felt everything around me blur. It was like a scene from one of those movies where two characters can only see each other, the world around them a fast moving fog. His lips parted and I smiled, both of us surprised to see the other. Sam was actually himself, and those eyes and his heartbeat proved it.

So I pushed past faceless travelers anxiously, trying to fight my way to him. He would listen. Sam would listen. I kept my eyes on him the whole time as the attendant checked his ID and scanned his papers, his stare on me the entire time.

"Sam," I breathed as soon as I got the roped off area. That's all I could manage without wanting to vomit. He made my stomach churn on a normal day, and after all that running my intense feelings of longing were not mixing well with my unconditioned body.

He looked me up and down. "Dame what-"
"Come home with me," I practically yelled, interrupting him. "Please Sammy, please come home to me. Don't go. I swear I'll do everything right, I wont fuck up I promise to treat you like a prince. Please Sam. One more chance. One, that's all I'm asking for. Please."

I knew I had lost him once his eyes started flickering again. But I tried anyways. "No, no, Sam, Sam listen to me," I begged grabbing on to his sweatshirt sleeve as he began to head down the long corridor to the plane. He turned around, facing me with a displeased cold stare. He wasn't Sam anymore. I had lost him.