Epilogue

Epilogue

"God Damnit Sammy, you told me the lid was on!" Dame shouted from across the kitchen, his morning voice putting a smile on my face. Jensen's adorable high-pitched giggle told me Damien had spilled his coffee all over himself.

"Sorry hun, I thought it was," I defended, getting off the couch and pulling Jane off my lap and onto my hip as I made my way towards his mumbling grievances about my "incompetence."

He was on his hands and knees on the yellow tiled floor of our kitchen, the sleeves of his dress shirt rolled up as he helplessly tried to wipe up the coffee with a tissue. A tissue. Jensen was still giggling down at him and Jane joined in once she saw him.

"Okay kids, laugh it up, real funny! No one come down and help either, that's good." Damien chastised, a smirk still on his face. A smirk that I knew all too well.

"No Daddy we think you can do it all by yourself!" Jensen said between his giggles, making Jane and I burst out laughing.

Damien snorted, officially disgruntled as he added another tissue to the pile that had accumulated on his coffee spill.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I told him, placing the two year old on the floor before grabbing a roll of paper towels and plopping down cross-legged next to my husband.

After efficiently cleaning the spill with only two of my towels, I got up, grabbing all the trash and tossing it in the bin. Before I could turn back around, Damien's hands were latched around my waist and his head had burrowed itself in the crook of my neck, sending all sorts of tingles down my body. I leaned into him, placing my hands over his hands.

"I love you more than the moon loves the stars, Sammy," he whispered into my ear, making sure his lips brushed over my earlobe. I subconsciously let out a deep breath, then pulled his arms tighter around me.

"You too, Damien," was all I had the power to say back. After all these years, I knew it was stupid and trivial and that nothing like it would happen again, but after Dame shattered my heart into a thousand pieces in high school, I was a little reluctant to say those three words as often as he did. Of course he knew I loved him, but when you say it out loud it makes it more real; more painful if anything were to make that love stop. But Damien didn't care. He knew exactly how I felt and why I didn't love to say it. We were on the same page and that's all that mattered.

"Ewwww Dad and Daddy are smooching!" Jensen screeched, causing me to break away from the kiss Damien had just placed on my lips.

"Oh be quiet Jense, you'll be smooching someone like this one day too," I told him, parting reluctantly away from my husband's grip to wipe the syrup away from our son's chin.

"Yeah but you kiss boys I'm going to kiss girls. Okay?"

Damien and I exchanged a smile. "That's fine Jen. We love you no matter who you kiss," Dame told him, ruffling his hair. "But for now the only people you're smooching is us!!!" He announced before launching into a full-blown kiss attack on Jensen's face while Jen squealed and giggled, trying his hardest to escape. I scooped up Jane and tossed her on my back into a piggyback ride, zooming through the kitchen and into the family room.

"Dad stop!" Jane called suddenly. I obeyed. "I want to count how many presents are under the twee!"

I chuckled and let her down; watching as she crawled underneath the 10 foot Christmas tree Damien insisted we buy. It actually looked really sweet with the kids' handmade decorations and strings of cooked macaroni on it. Why Jensen wanted noodles on the tree, I do not know.

"Seventeen dad! And Santa hasn't even come!"

I groaned as she climbed back into my lap stepping on my balls a little harder than necessary. She didn't get the hint and kept bouncing up and down on my lap, blonde ringlets slapping me in the face.