Chapter 19 Part 2-Ellie

Start from the beginning

And, because I was embarrassing like that, I stumbled.

Will caught my arm, steadying me. He steeped closer, his brows furrowed in concern. "Are you okay?" he asked softly.

Too close, too close, too close!!!!

The words pounded in my mind as his scent bombarded me. His breath tickled my face and my gaze jumped to his lips.

Dang.

"Y-yeah, I'm OK," I stuttered.

He smiled. "Good."

There was silence for a few seconds before he stepped back, releasing me.

Aww, I was enjoying that.

With him a metre away now, my eyes pored over his appearance. Somehow, he was even more attractive than before. His clothes fit over him perfectly, accentuating his flawless frame. And something even more awesome: we matched, both wearing red and black.

I bit back a smile. I totally love you guys! I mentally squealed to my best friends.

"Hey," he said softly. His lips twitched, almost as if he'd realized I was checking him out.

Abruptly, my face was burning. "Hey," I replied.

"So..." he shifted on his feet. I watched as he glanced down, his lashes brushing his cheekbones, before turning those amazing eyes back on me. "How has everything been?"

"Good, I guess." Lies--I really missed seeing you. "You?"

"Pretty good," he replied.

I frowned. There was a brief flicker in his eyes, as if his week hadn't been as good as he made out.

I sucked in my lips, my heart yearning to ask him what was wrong. Stop being an idiot Ellie, you'll invade his privacy.

I inclined my head towards the trees. "The fireworks are coming on soon, want to check it out?" My heart thumped loudly at the question. Obvious much Ellie! Why don't you just drag him off and force him to kiss you?!

Heat warmed my chest as he smiled, the dark look disappearing from his eyes. "Sure."

With my heart pounding in my skull, I led Will to my special spot, the spot I'd imagined meeting him in all those times I came to the festival.

"This is a really good view," Will noted.

For a moment, I watched him. I watched the way the moonlight silhouetted his dark hair, making the edges almost luminescent. I watched the way his green eyes glittered and sparkled, reflecting the moon's beams. My eyes latched onto the way the moon framed his chiselled features. My gaze traced his breath, great cloudy puffs that floated from his lips into the cold night air.

He was so beautiful.

And so out of my league.

What was I thinking? Being here, with him.

He glanced down at me and my heart stuttered.

His brows furrowed and he tilted is head. "Ellie?" he said softly.

"Y-y-y-yes?"

He seemed to lean closer, and I could smell his spearmint breath in the air.

Here it comes. The moment. Here it comes....

"Are you cold?"

I blinked back to my reality.

I glanced down at my fingers--the focus of Will's gaze--which had grown red. Oh.

Before I could say I was fine, Will gathered my hands into his palms and brought them up to his lips, blowing warm air onto my fingers.

Can. Not. Breathe.

"You must be freezing," he frowned between puffs. "Wait, let me give you my jacket."

He dropped my fingers, slipping off his leather jacket. I stood there, completely frozen, gaping up at him like a weirdo. My heart stuttered back to life as he slipped the jacket over me, his fingers inciting electric sparks from my shoulders to every inch of my flesh.

Then he returned to blowing warmth onto my fingers.

One of these days he was going to give me a heart attack. No joke.

Could he get any more perfect?

"T-thank you," I finally stumbled out.

He shot me a smile. "It's my pleasure."

Yes, he could totally get more perfect.

At that exact moment, blasts went off in the distance as the first bursts of fireworks exploded into the sky. A spray of pink and blue fizzled over the onyx atmosphere.

My gaze zoned in on Will, my heart stuttering when I realized he was already looking at me.

His gaze dropped to my lips, dark lashes bordering that flawless emerald gaze.

We were close now, bodies only a few inches from each other. His hands clasped mine, sending heat through my skin and into my bones.

His face was only inches away, his breath caressing both my hands and the skin of my face.

It was now or never.

"Will," I started softly.

I like you.

*

Thanks for reading wonderfuls! I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

This chapter is dedicated to one of my super nice new readers ;)

Love you guys!!

God bless

xxx

Yemi Everest