Chapter 30-Will

*Geek Boy*

Ellie Kent was hugging me.

Ellie Kent.

My eyes locked with hers and my heart shuddered. She was looking up at me, her lips slightly parted, eyes widened.

Goodness, she was stunning.

Red had started to pool in her cheeks, and I realised we'd been staring at each other for too long to be normal.

Stupid Will.

I cleared my throat as I reluctantly released her. My arms instantly felt empty. Her arms fell from my back. I stepped away, putting some space between us. 

My breath caught as I took her in properly for the first time today.

Ellie Kent looked dangerously beautiful.

She wore a skin-tight black suit. It clung to her frame, highlighting her curves. A pink utility belt hung around her waist, filled with what looked like guns. Her  hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail and black eyeliner darkened the area around her eyes, making her aquamarine eyes that much more piercing. Her lips were dark red. They were parted as she peered up at me. 

Gosh darn it.

Two trains slammed into my chest simultaneously.

My heart stuttered before pounding with a vengeance.

I looked away quickly, lifting my hand to my jaw to hide the blush crawling up my neck.

My gaze focused on a wall as I attempted to slow down my heart. I couldn't look at her. Relax Will, relax.

Ok, I can do this. I risked a glance at Ellie.

She was wringing her wrists, her gaze on the floor. I frowned. She looked anxious. I would do anything to make her feel better.

I cleared my throat.

What do I say? How do I start?

"Hey," I said.

Good job Will. Note the sarcasm.

She glanced up and red flooded her face.

Goodness, I loved watching her blush. 

My fingers twitched with the urge to stroke a finger down her cheek.

"Hey," she replied softly. She bit her lip.

Gosh darn it, she was adorable. 

Stop it, Will.

I glanced down at the guns around her waist, then the bazooka on the ground. I tried to control my expression. "So, what's going on?"

Great Will. Great question. Just great.

She blushed. "Paintballing," she explained. She moved her hands as she tried to explain. "We're having a paintballing competition. Boys versus girls. I'm in a team with Gemma, Layla and Madison. But we split up, and me and Madison went to the canteen, and Justin was chasing me, so I ran..." She trailed off. "Sorry, I'm babbling."

I suppressed a smile.

Ellie glanced up at me from beneath her lashes. "I thought you weren't coming in today," she said softly.

I tilted my head, frowning. "Why?"

"You never come in on Activity days," she replied matter-of-factly.

My heart slowed to a stop.

Wait. What?

How would she know that? That was way before I ever started tutoring her.