Chapter 7-Ellie

*Beauty*

I watched from the first floor windows as Will's car pulled out of the cinema parking lot.

Oh, Will.

I still couldn't believe it. I'd had an actual conversation with my seven-year crush. Sure, I'd stuttered repeatedly and blushed furiously but I'd spoken to him.

And...he'd touched my face. Electricity still sparked where his fingers had brushed my skin as he pushed back my hair. I reached up to touch my cheek, remembering the pleasant burning sensation I'd felt at his feather light touch.

I would never forget the way his dark green eyes had watched me.

In the middle of the movie, I'd fled the theatre. A romantic scene had led to half of the couples, including Tyler and Gemma, in the room making out. Justin had stretched over, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He'd leaned closer to me, repeating his sentiment about how gorgeous I looked.

I got out of there.

Seeing Will standing outside, in front of the food stand, had filled me with such vast amounts of relief that it wasn't even funny. I was still angry that Gemma had interrupted what was our first decent conversation. Especially when she'd questioned me because we were talking about school. Will probably thought I was shallow now.

Once Gemma had dragged me back to the cinema, I'd managed to wedge myself in the seat between Tyler Benton and another couple. By the time Justin returned, the couple was too busy exchanging tongues to pay attention to his request for them to switch seats. And so I spent the rest of the movie imagining Will and I were the actors in the movie.

I sighed dreamily as I mentally repeated our conversation.

 "Your hair was in your face," he'd murmured as his hands hovered over my ear.

I'd put my hair over my face any day for you to touch me again.

"Ellie? Ellie?"

Justin hovered over me, his brows furrowed. He gestured to where Tyler and Gemma were descending the escalator. "Come on, we have to head to the party."

"Oh." I blinked out of my daze as I stood, following after them.

Gemma Henderson was known for her legendary parties. They'd transformed from extravagant sleepovers when we were five to wild bashes when we were seventeen. Gemma's parents were either always busy or always willing to spoil their only daughter.

As Tyler's car pulled into Gemma's expansive driveway, the sound of loud music thumped through the air, making the windows of the car tremble.

Another thing, Gemma's house was huge. Her father worked in the same company as my dad did and so was willing to dish out money to buy the large red brick mansion up ahead.

Hooting, Tyler jumped out of the car he'd barely parked, followed by a giggling Gemma.

To avoid being stuck in the car with Justin, I hurriedly stumbled out, making my way uphill to the front door. Gemma leaned on Tyler as she pressed the doorbell.

After a few moments, the door swung open. Madison Jefferson strode out, her face sliding into a bright grin.

Madison Jefferson was deputy head cheerleader numero uno and one of my best friends. Her white grin was a stark contrast to her flawless brown skin. Black hair framed her face, pouring down onto the stylish red sweater dress she wore over her tall lean figure. Her long lashes framed her sparkling cocoa brown eyes. Her lips were glossed a sparkly pink.