Chapter 35-Ellie

*Beauty*

Will and I spoke for the next week, exchanging texts and phone calls. He didn't come to school and he couldn't make the weekend so we skyped our tutouring sessions--though I often got too distracted by his beautiful lips and perfect face to pay attention.

It still hadn't really hit me.

William Johnson, the boy I'd crushed on for seven years, and I were dating.

I went to school as normal. Somehow, everyone's lives seemed to go on the same way, while my life seemed to have transformed completely. I was dating William Johnson, the smartest and most beautiful man on earth. I mean, I was dating William Johnson. It was like the world had imploded and reformed, but no one had even noticed.

"Earth to Beauty!" Gemma's voice broke me out of my reverie.

I blinked up at her. The girls, in their pajamas, were spread across my bedroom, their gazes on me. Gemma stood over my suitcase, a different top in each hand. We were having a sleepover so that we could depart for the Harvard trip tomorrow together.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Gemma rolled her eyes. "Were you even paying attention? We've got to make sure you look good during the trip! Get with the progam Beauty." She held up the two tops. "Hot pink or soft pink?" Her voice was serious, as if this was a life or death question.

Madison, perched at the end of my bed tilted her head. "Soft pink makes her look sweet. But hot pink looks nicer with Ellie's skin," she mused.

Layla, lying on the bed, nodded. "Totes. Deffo hot pink."

I frowned. "Why do I have to look nice?" It wasn't like Will was going to be there.

Oh, Will. How I would miss you.

Gemma rolled her eyes again. "Hot college guys. Duh. Seriously, you're so ditzy sometimes Beauty."

I frowned. "I don't want hot college guys." I want Will.

They all looked at me as if I was crazy.

I felt my stomach tie itself in knots. I hadn't told them yet about the fact that I was dating Will. In the years we'd all been friends, I'd never told them once about having a crush on him. The fear that he would somehow find out and give me the most humiliating rejection of all time had sealed my lips. But now that he was my boyfriend... I felt my face warm at the words.

There was a whole different fear now, that gnawed at me despite the fact that I'd been floating on clouds since we'd started dating. What if he didn't want anyone to know about us? What if he was embarassed, dating the dumb blonde cheerleader? Why wouldn't he? When he was so beautiful and smart and perfect and wonderful... I could go on.

But at the same time I needed to tell them. We were best friends. And I knew they wouldn't tell anyone if I asked them not to.

I took a deep breath, nerves making butterflies dance in my stomach. "Guys," I began. "There's actually something I need to tell you. I'm--"

Abruptly, the door opened. My mother stepped inside the room and my mouth clamped shut. Needless, to say, I was nowhere near ready to tell my mother.

Her glossed lips were stretched into a pageant smile. "Evening, girls." She brushed a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear, her other hand rubbing her pregnant stomach.

They chimed their greetings.

I blocked them out as they started talking. Instead, my mind went to Will. I would still be able to call and skype with him from Harvard. But, the idea of being miles away from him, missing watching him jog... It sounded absolutely horrible. The two weeks would stretch on forever. I sighed dramatically, staring up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong Beauty?"

I glanced up to see them all staring at me, eyebrows raised.

"Nothing," I mumbled. Just lovesick.

We left early the next morning, leaving the house at six. Madison, the only one of us who wasn't exhausted, hummed to the radio as she drove us towards the school.

Tessa had slept over at her friend's place last night and would be coming with them.

"Quit being so upbeat," Gemma groaned, her forearm over her eyes. "Are you even human?"

Madison laughed. "I told you you should have gone to sleep instead of playing that gumball game."

"But I wanted to win!" Gemma whined.

Madison pulled up in the parking lot nearest the gym and we spilled out of the car, grabbing our luggage.

"Brace yourself for coach evil and eviler," Gemma muttured. 

The meeting room was full when we arrived, the coaches standing at the front, looking pissed--as usual. A low murmur of chatter carried through the room amongst the cheerleaders and the jocks. A few people waved at us as we entered.

The cheer coach glared at us. "Finally." Her gaze flicked to the rest of the students. "Shut up."

The room silenced immediately.

She looked pissed. "The West High students will be joining us shortly," she announced. "Do not act more idiotic than you already are." She glared at one of the jocks and he paled. "We have rules on this trip. Number one, no wandering off. If you get lost, we will leave you there. Number two, no romantical fratenizing. At all."

A chorus of groans rolled through the room. She scowled and the room descended back into silence.

"If any of you idiots are caught even holding hands, you'll be suspended from cheer and football," she spat. "Got it?"

Sombre now, they nodded. My eyes drifted to the wall. It didn't really apply to me. The only person I was interested in fratenizing with was Will and he'd be thousands of miles away.

After the West High students arrived, we all spilled out into the parking lot, heading towards a black bus.

Gemma, awake now, practically bounced with excitement as she verbally planned everything we were going to do.

A gust of wind blew back my hair, making it billow back behind me. I frowned, glancing up.

My heart stuttered to a stop.

There was another group of students heading towards the coach. None of them were cheerleaders or jocks. And, standing with them, was a boy with black hair and emerald green eyes.

Will glanced up, his gaze locking with mine.

*

I just want to say thank you to everyone who reads this book. It means so much to me to have so many amazing and kind readers.

As for the questions last week, you guys seem excited for the spin off but most people want me to post it after this book. And the majority of you guys don't want Cath's chapter XD I find it hilarious how much you guys hate her.

Love you all!

God bless

xxx

Yemi Everest