"Excuse me madam, you are standing in the way."

I broke my gaze realizing I was still standing at where I alighted. I quickly made my way to the entrance where the strange guy stood a while ago. The feeling I was having was similar to that of when I was with the jerk in New York.

"There you are, young lady. I have been trying to reach you but you are not answering my calls."

"Oh sorry I forgot I placed my phone on silent mode."

"OMG! Baby girl, you look so pretty."

"You don't look bad yourself, miss bride to be."

I said sincerely loving her look.

My eyes on Its own accord wondered to the strange man who was now chatting away with a rather clingy blond bimbo. I averted my eyes the moment he looked my way.

"Seen anyone you like yet.?" Aaliyah asked with a teasing smirk.

"No not at all."

"I think he has also noticed you." she said, her grin growing wide.

"Don't be silly Ally."

"Whatever! Come with me. I nearly didn't recognize you if not for the dress we picked."

I followed behind her into the main hall which was filled to the brim with classy and important personalities. I immediately felt conscious of my social status. The whole place screamed dollars considering the expensive gowns and tuxedos they had on. Everyone had on a mask some similar to what I had on. Their faces hiding behind their masks only their personalities showing. Aaliyah pulled me along with her while introducing me to Mike's associates.

I very well know what she is trying to do. But it won't work.

I rolled my eyes at her trying to find me a suitor.

I excused myself to the bathroom suddenly feeling uneasy. I don't know whether it is the amount of people here or the nice built man staring at me.

When I returned everyone had taken their seats and the program about to start with Mike's dad giving the opening address.

He explained the reason for the event and concluded with congratulatory messages amidst applause from the crowd.

"Now guys, relax and enjoy yourselves, but in so doing remember that these children you are about to see need your help and any fund you can give. And to the engaged couple, my son, Mike and his fiancee Ally, I wish you all the happiness and I take this bold step and welcome you into our huge family."

Well his family is indeed huge. Considering he has eight kids and fourteen grand kids. The address was followed by a display of kids who are down with cancer and to be frank it was too hurtful to see children suffer this way and to see countless tubes connected to every possible part of their bodies.I appreciated this initiative of Ally and Mike the more; This idea of theirs was brilliant .No one would have seen how the children in the cancer unit of the local hospital needed help if not for them.

"Finally, this is Alexa. She is nine years old and she is down with leukemia. She was diagnosed two months ago and the cancer is fast spreading. She needs to undergo surgery as soon as possible and the surgery is expected to cause eight hundred thousand dollars. No amount is too low to save these kids. Every money that is raised here is going into the treatment of all these kids you have seen tonight.

********************

"What should I make you sweetie?"

"Can I have a shot of tequila please?"