Chapter 9 - London Mouse

Basil and Dawson were walking up to the steps of the queens palace. 

"We checked his hideout but it seems nothing changed. Could I have been wrong on the Ratagon impostor?" Basil asked himself as they walked.

"I'm not sure Basil." Dawson said and they started to walk up the steps after a guard checked them. Once in, they see a family of four talking with the queen. They could hear the sadness in their voices.

"We did not want this your highness. He threaded her with our lives." The male says. The Queen has a sad look upon her face and (y/n)'s parents are crying. 

"What is going on?" Dawson asks. Basil says nothing and walks up.    

"I'm incredibly sorry to interrupt but might i ask what the problem is?" Basil asks. The Queen looks at him. 

"Basil. I'm afraid you are no longer needed. My niece has been found and will be here by tomorrow evening." The queen says. Basil looks confused and the Queen looks at the man and nods. He then looks at Basil and hands him a copy of the London Mouse.

"This goes out tomorrow or my youngest will die." The man says. Basil takes it, seeing Ratigan and (y/n), getting married. He then started to read the front headline and columns contented to it out loud. 

"King Ratigan and Queen (y/n) Mousetoria to take over the crown of Mousedom." Basil says the headline but doesn't stop reading.

"With the retirement of Queen Mousetoria, (y/n) is to take over the crown, as per the wish of the Queen. At her coronation, The crown will be placed upon Ratigans head, making him the king of Mousedom with his Queen by his side." Basil finishes and looks up.

"We had to. If we didn't..." The female says and her husband holds her as she cries.

"Ratigan told miss (y/n) that he would let her go but we will die. i wasn't going to write it but...but he took our youngest. he told us we would get her back but only when he was crowned king." The male said. Basil sees the Queen stand.

"As the queen, I have no choice. Ready (y/n)'s coronation for tomorow and send word in the paper for them to arrive at seven o clock." The Queen says and  looks at the family.

"We will get your child back, even if it means giving up Mousedom to that rat." She says. Basil drops the paper. 

Ratigan had won.