Chapter 5 - Basil and Dawson

Dawson was reading a newspaper as Basil played his violin.

"I wonder how it went with the queen's niece." Dawson said. It wasn't meant to be a question, just talking with himself. It had been a few days and the London Mouse had nothing else to say about it. 

"Who knows." Basil says and slumps in his chair.

"OH Dawson, without Ratigan, I feel like I can't continue." Basil says. Dawson looks at him and opens his mouth but a knock interrupts him. He stands, fixing his shirt and walks over.

"Hello, welcome to...Your majesty!" Dawson says loudly and bows. Basil looks and sees the queen, standing and bowing.

"I'm sorry, may I please come in?" She asks. Dawson moves and she walks in. Guards walk in after and stand by the door.

"Your majesty. What an honor. How can I help you?" Basil asks as he stands up straight. The Queen looks at him.

"Basil. You have saved my life before. I must call upon you for help." She says. Dawson walks up.

"H-how may we be at service to you?" Dawson asks. The Queen looks at him.

"It's my Niece. She is missing." The Queen says. Dawson's and Basil's ears twitch.

"Missing you say?" Basil asks. The queen looks at him again and nods.

"Yes. the day after she arrived. She was on the balcony and the next moment, she was gone. She hasn't sent any word to us and we are worried. I announced my retirement and if she isn't here to claim the crown..." The queen started but grew silent. 

"Then Mousedom will be lost without a queen. Consider Basil of baker street on the case." He says and runs around, grabbing a few items before stopping in front on the Queen again.

"Do you have a recent picture of your dear niece?" Basil asks with a smile. The queen nods and takes out a photo, giving it to him. Basil looks at it and blushes. It was the day of the party. She say the queen, her niece, and two other nice. The nieces parents most likely.

"My, she is quiet beautiful. I should have no problem finding her. Do not worry." Basil say. The queen smiles.

"Thank you Basil. I will give you a huge reward once she is returned. Thank you again." The Queen says and walks out. Basil waits before the door is closed before he runs to his microscope. 

"Lets see if there is anything in the back ground." Basil says. Dawson walks up and waits. 

"Eureka!" Basil says and jumps for joy. 

"What. What is it?" Dawson says, looking into the microscope and he see's a tail. 

A rat tail.