[Act 1] Chapter 12: Meeting of Dimensions

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Guinevere's heart sank upon the realization she was the one who brought the Grey Ones, a people who have the ability to descend from the heavens and take down a squadron of dragons, to her city and are now doing who knows what in the first district. Now, she has to face the leader of these men.

"Two weeks we were trapped in the city," Guinevere told her circle. "Two weeks. As soon as the Grey Ones arrive, all it took was less than an hour to destroy Mordred's entire army."

"At the very least, we can say that this is a victory, your Majesty," Vera congratulated, stepping by her side. "This is a victory for us that Mordred would never forget as long as a fraction of his brain is intact."

"No, Vera, it is not our victory," Guinevere told, hanging her head down. "If it was not for the foreign soldiers, we would have never won this battle. At worse, they are the ones who still occupy the area around Sapphire River and Castle Dagonet, sovereign territory, which means they are supposed to be our enemies."

"But your Majesty," Bela spoke up. "These people have come here to save you, you called them here, making them no longer your enemies. They are here to help us, not conquer us, otherwise, they would have raised their prosaic red, white and blue flags over the city walls."

Guinevere shook her head, displeased with the attempt at reassurance. "You have seen them out there, Bela. All I wanted was to save this city from Mordred's wrath but, I fear I have brought the end of the Arthurian Empire. I stood by the balcony for an hour straight and witnessed their steel dragons and dark sorcery lay waste to all Imperial soldiers when there weren't even many of them. If they were to turn their power against our empire, then-"

She cut herself off abruptly, tears streaming down her face that was immediately wiped away by her maids. It was only sheer luck that they would all make it out of this alive. The Grey Ones are have shown they are merciless in their endeavour, meaning they likely won't care about the people they supposedly have come to liberate. All they can hope is that they would be merciful.

"I would likely have to get rid of my title as Empress and lay down my crown," Guinevere continued, somewhat unnerved. "They would probably put a loyal subject in charge, a puppet who would do their very will, and make us their slaves. And that would likely be the best fate we can hope for."

"I wouldn't count on it, your Majesty," Bela assured. "I can tell you that the colonel who will come through those doors is actually seeking a diplomatic solution to the entire war. He would likely seek an alliance with you rather than subjugate you."

Guinevere lifted her head up instantly and looked at Bela, staring at her as if she was her only hope. "Bela, you came here with them, so you must know what they are like. What can you tell me about this colonel I have to speak to?"

"Well, his name is-"

"I will save introductions for the meeting, Bela. I mean tell me about his personality, what kind of person he is. What would give me an edge when speaking to him? Should I speak formally or casually? I certainly hope I won't have to seduce him."

"I will give you advice when you meet him, your Grace. When speaking to him, show superiority and let him know you aren't afraid of them or their dark sorcery, since, from what I can tell, he hates it when people are docile to his every move. I bore witness to an event that proved it involving a few dark elves."

"I see, so he respects strength?"

"Also, do not be surprised if he is side-by-side some dark elves. They were the ones who gave him some idea on what he is up against and who are the bad ones in this conflict."

"So he has been making allies in foreign places, a strange thing for a person who has the power to take down dragons."

"They are here to help us, not conquer us, your Grace."

Gate of Dimensionsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें