[Act 1] Chapter 1: Attack on Berlin

1940 AD, 20th February

Berlin, German Empire

Three years after the deposing of Adolf Hitler and the return of Wilhelm II

The sun was just beginning its climb when Werner von Goldberg, Oberstleutnant within the Wehrmacht Heer and new blood to the reinstated aristocracy of Germany, left the butchery store, pack of sausages in hand to please his growling stomach. It was irregular to see a German officer walk down the streets in civilian attire when he could be doing something greater for the Kaiserreich but Werner's only concern was to enjoy as much of his leave before returning to the Rhineland for more training under proper German officers.

The weather was good; there was no wind. It was a perfect day to not worry about how close to war the entire country was, with men stationed in the Rhine, Danzig, Poznan, and the Silesian Voivodeship, awaiting the first move of both the Allies, the Fascists, and the Bolsheviks, no one is getting past the German armies in one piece. Though, he was thankful it wasn't being led by the monstrous Hitler and his regime of demons who would turn the country into a murderous dictatorship. A dictatorship that was in the making of being revolutionized with advanced technological innovations out of the rest of the world's grasp.

It was only three years since the war was over, so he couldn't help but ask for as much relief as possible before heading out into the next war the people of Germany would head into. It was the least they could do for him after risking his own neck by turning against the Nazis, but it was an ungrateful thing to do after he was personally given the honour of nobility, as a reward for his efforts during the war and his own land to grow.

While walking down the street, he could see scores of blimps riding in the sky above, but the true eye candy of German engineering was the Panzerhunds, an automatic, mechanical robot dog that was the immediate replacement of the German Shepherd, that were patrolling the streets constantly.

The armoured dog both showed the might of German engineering and the usefulness the former Nazi scientists had upon the German Empire - which was, to say the least, a lot

The armoured dog both showed the might of German engineering and the usefulness the former Nazi scientists had upon the German Empire - which was, to say the least, a lot. If they were combined with their war machines, such as the mechs and the tesla behemoths, the west and the east wouldn't be ready. Stellen Sie sich vor, ob diese Bastarde im Westen stationiert wären (Imagine if these bastards were stationed in the west), Werner thought with a grin.

But as Werner approached the crosswalk, he could hear the faint sound of screaming coming from afar. He tried to take his mind off the commotion and get home to enjoy his sausages and sauerkraut, but then he himself could feel a tremble underneath his feet that could be felt for miles, almost tripping him off the sidewalk. It was as if an earthquake was happening underneath the heart of Germany.

"Was zur Hölle ist los?" Werner yelled. What the hell is going on?

Around him in the streets of Berlin, Wehrmacht soldiers were suddenly moving across the city in large groups in great haste, almost as if the city was being attacked, armed to the teeth with machine guns and rifles. Even panzers, ranging from the Wolf-Tank and the Tiger I, were responding to the disarray in the city. Civilians were running left and right into buildings or through the streets, almost pushing each other to get away from what was happening.