precious angel

The metal door creaks open as footsteps began to follow. It echoed through the long, empty passageway as dim lights guided the male's path.

As he stopped at one particular cell, a chuckle could be heard from inside. Although it was dark, you could see the lone figure at the other side.

"What gives? And I thought it was my precious little angel," Jack pouts at Lyn who only glared at the male in return. Eyes burning with mischief and hatred as he awaited for the cop's response.

When it seemed like he wasnt speaking soon, Jack took the liberty of asking ahead.

"So?" He said "where is the little angel?" Silence followed after. The never ending staring contest had been sending glares to each other.

"He's off somewhere. But thats really none of your business, isnt it?" The statement set Jack off as he couldn't restrain himself from clicking his tongue.

This man was getting on his nerves.

"Im not here on his stead. Just coming to check on your behaviour," Lyn stated as soft laughter erupted from the other male.

"Im behaving,mom.  You dont have to worry about me-"  before Jack could finish. Lyn had cut him off. Words sticking to him bitterly as the man began to walk away.

"Im worried about M/n. I wouldnt want you harming him in anyway. It hasnt happened yet,but it surely will someday,"

Suddenly,it was as if it was Jack's first day in prinson. The room felt oddly colder than before.

"Who knows what you'll do to him," Lyn said,letting the words echoe into the purple haired male's ear as he closed the door shut.

As Lyn entered his office,he noticed a co-worker of his standing there,giving him the most disbelieveing look.

"Don't you think you're thinking too much? Afterall,you sent L/n-san to him for observation, and the shining hope he'll open up to him," the male said as he stared at Lyn. The male walked behind the male and sat down,sighing.

"I know,but so far we've gotten new information about the criminal after a week and maybe if this continues on..." Lyn trailed off,though words didn't need to he said for the other male to get the idea.

There was just something about the h/c that was oddly comforting.

The male was lacking with response lately. A few words would be said before he would go back to complete shut down.

M/n doesnt know what happened the night he wasnt here and supposed the male was sulking. It wasnt inaccurate. The male was indeed sulking.

For both reasons.

"Hey Jack. Is something wrong?" M/n asked as he tilted his head from outside the cell, trying to see the other male's face.

The male only bursted out crying as he neared the h/c.

"Why weren't you here last night?!" Jack whined at the h/c. M/n chuckled and scratched his cheek,awkwardly. He didnt know how to make off this situation.

It wasnt like he was 100% obliged to watch over the criminal all day and night. Though he did feel a little apologetic.

"Well...my team invited me to get a drink and..." he sighed,defeatedly "I couldn't deny,"

Jack grumbled,knuckles turning white as his grip tightened around the bars of the cell. The h/c remained unsettled at the other side of the bars. This was a reaction he hadn't seen from the prisoner before.

The words from last night echoed in Jack's ear.

His eyes glared daggers into the ground,and his lips pursed into a straight line.

There was no way he'd let his precious angel get hurt.